Chapter 3

My Beloved or The World

~Chapter 3~ ~Trahford and Flammia~

(This chapter was written by amaterialgowrl and Gxxa)

Stella's laying down on her bed pondering about thoughts such as "what if the maiden finds out that I bumped into Liam before, he's of high status since he is the son of the head general, so I'll surely get in trouble." She dozes off whilst contemplating.

Meanwhile, Liam calls for a servant to serve him tea and refreshments but it seems like there were none present. He was vexed so he went to the maid's quarters himself.

As he enters he saw Stella, sound asleep. The moonlight beaming through the window reflecting on Stella's wonderful features, made the room bright.

"She doesn't look quite bad." Liam whispered to himself. Then he just exited the room, since all of them were asleep and it was too much of a bother, for him to wake them up. But what Liam didn't know is that.. Stella had just awoken, when Liam entered because she heard the door opening and she thought it was one of the maidens, but then she saw the figure of a man with broad shoulders, she thought he resembled Liam. Then another thing Liam didn't know is that Stella actually heard him, though he was just whispering. So Stella thought she may have just misheard what the figure had said to her. She wanted to avoid awkward moments as much as possible so she just continued pretending to be asleep.

The next morning, Stella didn't get any sleep because after Liam had left the maid's quarters she kept thinking about what just happened.

Then one of the maidens walk up to Stella. Nathasia C. Clark, a close friend of Stella. "Stella, why do you look so tired?" Natashia asks Stella. "I just thought of some things" Stella responded. Then Nathasia responded with "Is it about your mother again? Can't you really ask your dad about her, atleast just one more time?" Stella thought that Nathasia misunderstood her since she was actually still thinking about what Liam said to her last night. Stella thought, that wouldn't it be better if she just said that rather than actually telling her what Liam said?

"It's fine its normal that I just think about her sometimes. Besides, I don't want to bother papa." Stella responded to Natashia. Natashia only nodded in defeat, before walking away. Stella, also did the same. They parted ways, and Stella was trying to find something to do. She asked some of the older servants, if they knew where Liam was. She wasn't interested, no nothing like that. She wanted something to do. It made her uncomfortable not getting any orders in the mornings. Luckily, one of the servants knew where his room was.

"It's on the 3rd floor, beside Lady Natashia's room." Some servant said. Stella thanked her, and she went upstairs. While walking up the stairs, she kept questioning herself. "Why is Liam and Natashia so close by?" "Do they have some kind of relationship?" "Why is he staying at the palace anyways?" These, and more questions lingered in her head. Not even noticing his room was just a few steps away, she stopped at her tracks.

"Who am I to care about their relationship? You're just working for him, and you shouldn't feel this way Stella." She told herself, and continued to walk. In front of her, is his door. She brings her hand up in a fist-like form and she was about to knock but she hesitated. "What if I distract him from what he's doing?" She asked herself in her head. "Screw it." She murmured to herself and knocked three times. To no avail, she was about to turn but the door suddenly bursts open. Now revealing a tall, slender, fine young man. He was not known to Stella, and they just stared. Long silence filled the atmosphere.

"Uhm who are you?" The mysterious slender guy asked, with furrowed brows breaking the awkward silence. "Who's this? Is he some kind of thief? Should I run away? Is he staying at the palace?" These questions led her into some kind of trance, but thankfully she snapped out of it.

"Hey I'm asking you." The mysterious slender guy said, with bored eyes. He was about to shut the door, but she stopped him. He raises his brow up, and he put more force to shut the door.

"I'm working for Liam.." She said, then the mysterious guy stopped what he was doing, and he opened the door wide. His bored expression, turned into a normal one.

"He's at a meeting right now, if you're looking for him." The slender mysterious guy replied. Stella could only nod, and a few moments later she looks up to him with wide eyes. Then, he furrowed his brows at her

"Who are you? Why are you in Liam's room?" She asked. After she nodded at him earlier, the same questions from earlier boomed in her head.

"I'm William Trahford, lieutenant of Section-A and best friend of Liam." He said, as if he was showing off. "Oh okay." She replied. "What's yours?" He asked her back. "Stella Flammia." She said. He was just staring at the ground, like he was contemplating. "Flammia.. seems familiar.." he muttered to himself, and Stella heard. "Well, I'll get going now, goodbye." She said, and she ran off. He called for her, but she ignored him. Eventually, he sighed in defeat and he shut the door.

A few hours came, and the sky was dark. Stella didn't get any orders for today, except for stuff such as serve food, move things from here to there and she helped her fellow servants. Entering her room, she spots her father looking out the window. He seemed somewhat bothered at something. When she shut the door, her father looked at her.

"Who was that guy you talked to earlier?" He asked, and it seemed like he was mad in a way. This made Stella confused, and she just stared at him. Tho, she decided to speak up.

"He said his name was William Trahford." Right after she said his last name, her father looked at her with wide luminous orange orbs. His brown orbs, now had the hue of amber. She replayed the name "Trahford" over and over. Then it hit her. Trahford was the name used to indicate the rivals of the Flammia Coven. The Flammia Coven, was filled with people that had powers, but they were more known as witches and wizards. It was a community of white witches and pure wizards, but everything has evil. The Trahford Clan, was made by people from the Flammia Coven who possessed very little power. They worshipped the evil, which he then granted them with black magic. They were the cause of the Flammia Coven to perish... But, there were some who escaped from this dreadful experience. The ones who were lucky, decided to end the use of their magic, to not experience what happened in the past...

"T-Trahford.." Stella repeated, while stuttering in fear. She sat on her bed, while she ran her hand through the strands of her hair, trying to calm down. The past really was a trauma, especially since she was just three when it occurred. She was getting so stressed, a spark-like thing ignited on her hand. It also had the hue of azure. Her father immediately sat down beside her, and he held her hands.

"Just.. stay away from him." He said, and Stella nodded as a response. They embraced, and Stella felt better. They eventually slept after, but tomorrow's going to be unexpected... trust me, this isn't going to be the last time William and Stella will meet.