03 The Royal (1/5)

The shine of the Crystal Empire washed Celestia in nostalgia. Dozens of memories expounded the crystalline constructs she had passed through a millennium ago. From watching the prospects of predecessor rulers and the compassionate crystal ponies that wore their hopes and emotions on their sleeve.

Celestia felt relieved to shed her eyes upon this kingdom. A blessing was not a strong enough word to describe her feelings.

It's just a shame that she did not return with it.

"My, this place never changes," Celestia chortled, trying to dim her glum thoughts. She pointed at the Crystal Castle that stood tallest within the clear barrier surrounding the kingdom. "Wouldn't you agree, Luna?"

Luna emerged from the train station with a begrudging sigh. Two luggage floated aside her within her cerulean magic. She beamed a flat gaze at Celestia, displaying her annoyance for all creatures to see.

"What never changes, sister," Luna emphasized her last word with a snort. "Is your incessant compulsion to leave us behind to carry all the weight for you. Can't you at least remember your own luggage?"

Celestia rounded Luna and grabbed hold of her luggage with her magic. "My apologies, sister," Celestia chuckled. "I'm just ecstatic to be back in this wonderful kingdom of gems. I wonder how much Flurry Heart has grown in our absence."

"Not much we would think," Luna said, still eyeing flatly at her sister. "It has only been three months since we had resigned at Silver Shoal."

The royal sister had cast aside their title for only a quarter of a year. To no longer tend the need of their ponies was still a miraculous change to their everyday life that worked to adjust to.

Celestia desired for the two to fully experience a normal life as regular ponies. Much to Luna's annoyance, that involved sole dependence upon each other. Never would Luna think that she would be cleaning around her home instead of her servants. But for Celestia's happiness, Luna relented to her whims.

"You look sleepy," Celestia said, noting the bags under Luna's eyes. "Did you binge on your idea games last night?"

"I'm retired," Luna countered. "We have the freedom to do whatever we please whenever I like."

Celestia sighed, brushing her cheek against Luna's. "And here I hoped we could stroll through the marketplace to find a gift for Flurry. Fine then, we shall take a taxi to the castle."

Luna rewarded her sister with a small smile. "Good. The last thing we would like is to carry my luggage through the streets."

Celestia found carriages parked near the entrance of the train station. She picked out one that belonged to a sturdy yellow stallion with chestnut mane. When Celestia hailed her presence before him, the stallion was taken aback.

Not surprising, given she was Princess of Equestria for over a millennium.

The stallion was elated to take Celestia's request. "It would be my honor to serve you, Princess Celestia," the stallion said and bowed.

Celestia waved her hooves at the stallion. "Oh no," Celestia said. "I am no longer a Princess. Please, you can just call me Celestia."

Luna and Celestia took their seats in the stallion's carriage. Celestia showed courtesy to place her luggage in the back of the carriage. Her sister on the other hoof, delegated her task to the stallion.

"Do you not have the energy to place your own luggage?" Celestia asked.

Luna responded with a lean on her cushion and placed a sleeping mask over her face. And before Celestia could utter another response, Luna fell fast asleep.

Celestia sat stunned at her sister's swift slumber. She wondered if Luna binged through the whole night with her video games.

Recognizing her defeat, Celestia nestled close to her sister. As the stallion guided the pair to the caste, Celestia watched the passing residents and made small talks with him.

Every now and then Celestia stared at her sleeping sister. She was truly grateful to share moments like this with her sister again.