03 The Royal (4/5)

Amore strode to the council chamber of the castle after learning from a guard that Shining and Sombra went there. Slowly opening the door inside, Amore found Cadance sitting before a round table alongside a blue dragoness and bug-like creature coated in hues of emerald.

Cadance caught glimpse of her mother and raised her from her seat with a joyous smile. Never had Amore seen a grown mare zoom so fast hug someone. "Mother," Cadance cheered as she pounced Amore within her grasp.

"Oh, Cadance," Amore said, stroking the mane of her daughter. "I'm happy to see you as well."

"What's going on?" The blue dragoness asked. "How many stragglers are going to barge in here?"

Amore swept her sight across the room and found Sombra and Shining standing at a corner with Flurry. "What are they doing over there?' Amore asked.

"Shining should know by not to interrupt me during an important meeting," Cadance answered. "So, they're being punished where I can see them."

Amore noted a surprise in Sombra's expression, basking at the sight of Amore like she was an anomaly. "Your outfit," Sombra said. "It's the one you've always worn."

"Like it," Amore said. "Radiant put it together for me."

At that moment, Radiant had entered the room. Finding Sombra in her sight, Radiant rushed over to him and gave a confused glance. "Why are you standing at a corner? Did you misbehave?"

"There were crumble crystals where Amore came back to being," Sombra said. "You put all of that back together?"

"Of course I did," she confirmed . "Though things didn't work out like I entirely hoped. I guess we'll have to take things one day at a time."

The emerald bug emerged from his seat and cautiously approached Cadance and Amore. His hoof shivered a wave toward them.

"H-hi," the emerald bug greeted. "My name is Thorax. It's an honor to meet the mother of Princess Cadance. She's been a real help to my kind."

Amore gaped at Thorax's eyes—they gleamed sparkle and amethyst hue. "You have such beautiful eyes," Amore commented.

Thorax blushed. "Oh, thank you."

The blue dragoness sighed and then joined Thorax's side

The blue dragoness sighed and then joined Thorax's side. She skimmed over Amore's form and commented, "she looks a lot more flowery compared to her daughter. Why haven't I heard of you before?"

"Looks can be deceiving, you know," Amore responded.

Ember shrugged. "You know, there's truth in that. After the last mess I dealt with, I can believe it."

"The last?" Amore wondered aloud. Before she could press for more information, she was intervened by Flurry, who nested atop her head.

"Flurry, come back," Shining said, approaching the two—Amore and Flurry. However, his trot came to a halt when Cadance raised a hoof before him.

"No," Cadance said. "You two stay over there."

Shining stopped, staring confusingly at his wife. Seeing the determination in her eyes, Shining yielded with a sigh and returned to Sombra and Radiant at the corner.

"Why am I being punished," Sombra grumbled. "I didn't even know about the meeting."

"No more complaints," Cadance stated. "Let Flurry have her fun. She is due to time to be doted by her grandmother."

Amore cradled Flurry Heart in her hooves and bumped her snout onto Flurry's. "My goodness, I can't believe a filly can be this adorable. You young ones are just too much."

"That's good and all," Ember said. "But we still have a meeting to attend to."

Cadance sighed. "You're right. Mother, I apologize, can you and the rest excuse yourselves? I need to wrap up this meeting."

Amore acknowledged her daughter's request, however, before the group could make their exit, a pair of mares entered the room. "Surprise!" Celestia cheered. "Guess who's here to visit?"

"Amore!" Luna shouted.

Celestia dropped her jaw at the sight of Amore. And Amore stood dazed by the sight of the sisters. Amore felt a mysterious emotion erupting from her being. A deep yearning that was drowning her lungs.

"Celestia?" Amore whispered.