04 The Shadow (4/4)

After rowdy rounds of board games with the Royal Sisters, Amore excused herself when she learned her granddaughter was alone in her bedroom. Apparently, her sweet little Flurry had tuckered herself out last night when greeted by Celestia and Luna.

Her granddaughter attempted to hog their attention and to even went so far as to lock them for herself. Shining had shared that Flurry did this a lot when he and Cadance would pick Amore up from Twilight's castle.

Amore recalls stories of princesses being the captive damsel of a dragon but never had she heard a princess playing as the dragon. If Amore hoped to experience the tropical life, the safer course of action would be to bring Flurry with her.

Amore observed Flurry sound asleep in her bed. Her body sprawled about and legs twitching like a pup stuck in a dream. It was utterly adorable.

"Such a cute little gem," Amore quietly cooed. Never had she felt a desire to grab hold of something so much in her life. However, Amore wondered about the truth in that. After all, there were still memories of Cadance absent from her. She wondered if she held the exact feeling, she does now Flurry.

Amore...

Amore's ears twitched at the sound. However, she refused to turn her gaze from Flurry.

This voice has beckoned to her countless times, and she grew tired of its call. It was like a constant echo that chased her throughout the castle.

Amore, come this way.

Amore sighed and brushed Flurry's cheek. She couldn't understand why this voice continued to vex her. Was it real or was it all in her head?

Regardless, Amore decided to end it here and now.

Amore left her granddaughter's bedroom and followed the sound of the voice. She came across numerous Crystal guards who honored her with a bow and relieving expressions. Amore rewarded each of them with a hug, noting their shiver.

How long could I have possibly been gone for? Amore wondered.

Amore eventually came across a crystal wall at a dead-end of a hallway. She noted the lack of shimmer in the crystal, almost as if the light beaming toward it went passed it.

Amore pressed her hoof onto the wall. To her shock, her hoof phased through it as if she was a ghost. "It's an illusion?" Amore discovered.

Amore, you're nearly there.

"...what am I doing here?" Amore said. She knew wanted to go through the wall, but was that truly the best thing for her? She should probably inform others about her discovery. What if she ended up getting lost or worse, trapped beyond these walls? But what if this was her answer to her memories? Normal ponies don't just have voices talking to them. Amore figured there had to be a reason for it to exist, and her answer may lie behind this illusive wall.

"..."

Without another thought, Amore proceeded through the wall.