Chapter 20: A Phone Call

The warmth of my laptop feels cozy as it rests on my stomach. The apartment is quiet as I lay on the couch sending a few final emails out before our big project on Monday. 

Harry ran down the street to the Saturday market to pick up some coffee and breakfast leaving me to enjoy this peaceful chilly Saturday morning. I have yet to hear from Piper this week on any updates after she dropped her little drama bomb on me in the bathroom last week. 

Just as I close my laptop and settle into the couch with the remote in my hand I hear the click of the front door and in walks Harry. He strides in gracefully on his long legs with coffee and a white paper bag in his hand and a strangely wide grin on his face. The excitement I can feel radiating off him as soon as he walks in grabs my attention immediately and has me sitting up.

"How was the market?" I ask.

"Very busy despite how cold it is this morning," he says placing our breakfast on the counter and making his way towards me.

"Yeah?" I question suspiciously, as my face cannot help but match the grin on his. "A crowded market really made your morning huh?" I tease him.

"Nope," he lets out an airy laugh as he sits across from me on the couch. "But a really amazing phone call I just got definitely made my day."

"Are you going to tell me about it or what?" I joke as I eye him. 

"So its some pretty big news," Harry says, my anxiety starts to rise unconsciously like it does these days ever since our breakup. I have slowly started to notice a lot of responses and triggers that I have now after our emotional rollercoaster. I can't help but wonder if I will always have them or with time if they will start to go away.

"I'm not sure how you will feel about it but I hope you will love the idea as much as me."

My eyes widen, the last time he had some news my whole world fell apart. I take a deep breath in, hoping to steady myself and the anxious knot in my chest. 

"The album has been doing so well they want us to go on tour," Harry says with a bright smile.

I swallow the lump in my throat trying to keep my breathing steady as my mind attempts to wrap around this information. We are just now having a normal steady life here together. We have our own place. He just wants to up and leave again? 

My heart starts to beat a little quicker in my chest but I am trying my best to keep a happy look on my face as not to ruin his excitement over this big achievement. 

"But I had to make a deal," he says his tone turning serious and low. He is playing with the rings on his fingers nervously and my eyebrows furrow at him in confusion as I stare into his eyes trying to read where this might be going. What the hell is he talking about?

"You see as the lead singer and main song writer, I am very important." I want to laugh at his cocky comment but hold it back. "They can't very well go on tour without me." He says with a smug smirk. "And since we never signed a contract about a tour, some things still need to be discussed and deals need to be made..." he trails off.

"Okay and..?" I question impatiently when he pauses too long for my liking at the moment. 

He chuckles at me, "Well I told them that if they wanted their amazing lead singer to go on a four month tour with them that, I was going to get to pick the tour photographer." He says sending me a cheeky and sly smile.

A giant smile spreads across my face. He can't be serious. Right?

"So what do you think? Me, you, and the open road for a few months?" He asks with a cheeky grin.

An excited squeal leaves me as I tackle him back into the couch. "No way! This is crazy!" I say leaning back to look at him, both of us grinning ear to ear. "You don't think they will actually agree to it, do you?" I ask him hesitantly.

"Are you crazy!" He asks giving me a bewildered look. "Of course they will my manager already said it should not be a problem at all. You are so talented Anna we would be lucky to have a photographer like you on tour with us!"

"Oh my gosh," I mumble raising my hand to my mouth, still feeling like this is all too good to be true. 

"Once we get it in print we will be all set. But you want to go right? I mean I don't want you to feel like you have to if you would rather stay here at your job and everything. I would understand." He starts rambling.

"You are the crazy one now! There is no way I am staying here when I could be out taking pictures of you on stages all over!" I nearly shout.

A sweet chuckle leaves him as he smiles at me. "Well like I said there is still some paperwork to be dealt with and things to be figured out but once I get some solid information or a deal we can sit down and go over it all together."

"That sounds wonderful! I am so excited for you Harry, I really am. You've worked so hard for this and I'm so proud of you." 

I see a glimpse of the old Harry for a moment as he goes quiet and reserved at the genuine praise I gave him. It does not scare me or worry me like it used to though. I just press a soft kiss to his cheek and leave him to his thoughts as I get up to retrieve my ringing phone from the kitchen counter.