Chapter 4: Asleep On The Couch

I don't head back to the apartment until I am sure that the party is over and everyone should be gone. I can't handle seeing Harry again tonight. Unfortunately my plan doesn't work as well as I had hoped when I find Harry asleep on the couch in the living room.

His long legs barely fit the length of our couch, his feet hanging off the end just a little. He looks so relaxed and almost angelic as he sleeps. I haven't witnessed it in so long.

His full lips are slightly puckered, and I find myself wondering what he's dreaming about. As he hugs a pillow tightly to his chest I thank god he didn't take his shirt off. As I stare at him I can't help but remember what it feels like to be that pillow. To be the one held tightly to his warm chest. I have to push down the overwhelming urge to squeeze onto the couch with him and push his messy hair out of his face or I will do exactly that.

"Harry" I whisper leaning in close to his ear. A deep groan rattles his chest and I smile at his scrunched up sleeping face. "Harry," I whisper again my lips brushing against his ear.

"I'm trying to sleep," he finally grumbles rolling over and trapping my body to the bed underneath his weight.

A muffled giggle leaves me as his heavy body keeps me from be able to move even an inch. "It's time to get up," I inform him with a smile playing on my lips.

He tucks his face further into my neck hiding from me with another groan. I still have yet to see his bright green eyes this morning. My arms are trapped to my sides as he wraps his arms around me in a cobra like hold.

"I'm sleeping," he whines.

I laugh again despite the struggle from his weight on top of me. "It's not my fault you wouldn't go to sleep last night," I tease him trying to reach his bare hips with my fingertips in an attempt to get him off me.

"You were distracting me." He pouts, his warm breath on my neck causing goosebumps to form all over my body.

"I was not!" I exclaim, attempting to defend myself.

"You're right. You made me do all the work," he chuckles his chest vibrating against me. I fake offense at his words.

Just as my fingertips graze his skin he grabs my wrists holding them down and keeping me from tickling him. A sly smirk covers my face as he leans up, his green eyes finally looking down at me still hazy from sleep as he gets on his knees straddling my body and keeping me in place.

"Don't even think about it," he warns with narrowed eyes and a smirk on his face. There is a playful tone to his deep raspy voice and another laugh escapes me at how ticklish he is.

Before I can defend myself his large hands are on my waist his fingers making my body squirm and our laughter fills my tiny apartment.

I shake my head pulling myself from the memory as I force the ache in my chest and the tears in my eyes away. I walk down the hallway away from Harrys sleeping form before he wakes and catches me staring.

It's late; 2am late. I haven't been out this late since the days of the bands shows at the pubs. My body aches from lack of sleep and my head hurts from thinking so hard today. I am beyond exhausted as I change into comfortable clothes and crawl under my cold sheets. This bed doesn't smell like Harry.

The day he left all those months ago. I wrapped my sheets around my body the scent of him and the warmth a false comfort of his arms. But soon enough they too grew as cold as my heart had become in his absence. It's been so long now that the only thing I have left with his scent still on it, is the sweater he left me. I can't get myself to get rid of it or even wash it. I don't want to lose the one thing that comforts me when I miss him the most.