Chapter 13: Party Time

"Promise me you will behave tonight." I say to him with a stern face.

Noah turns around to face me, now walking backwards on the street as he speaks, "I'm not a little kid anymore Anna," he chuckles. "I promise I will not embarrass you." He gives me a cheeky smile before turning back around. I shake my head at him with a smile creeping up on my own face. I am not so sure about that.

It is really nice to have him here. After Harry left last night Noah, Piper and I were up until late in the night laughing and sharing stories with each other. Noah brings a warmth to our apartment with his constant sarcasm and brotherly teasing.

"So where are they having the party again?" Noah asks me as we make our way down London's quiet streets. The sun set a few hours ago and due to the cold, most everyone has retreated indoors leaving the streets empty.

"Harry's new place surprisingly." I tell him, watching as he buries his hands into his thick coat pockets, his eyes still wandering around his surroundings trying to take everything in. I remember the first month I lived here, I could not help but get distracted as I walked to class everyday trying to absorb everything around me. London is still just as beautiful to me, not having lost that magical feeling.

Noah turns his attention to me, excitement lighting up his eyes, "Oh yeah!" He grins. "That place is nice," his says with a sense of awe in his voice.

I furrow my brows at his response. "You've been there?" I question looking up at him.

Noah swallows nervously his Adam's apple bobbing as he looks back at me. "Uhh no," he mumbles rubbing his ear, his tell tale sign that he is anxious. "but he sent me pictures after he got the place," he mumbles under his breath again.

My eyes widen at this new information as I try to wrap my head around it. It shouldn't surprise me. Noah and Harry seemed to click from the very beginning.

"Oh," I mumble staring at my feet as we continue to walk, not quite sure how I should feel about the information.

I know it shouldn't bother me that Harry has shown pictures to Noah that I have not seen, or that they have become close enough to share things with one another. But a part of me wonders what Harry has shared with Noah over the months we were not speaking. The idea of Noah knowing things about Harry that I do not, leaves a strange sense of jealousy behind and a larger sense of sadness as I think about the things I have missed in Harry's life recently.

"You're not mad at me, are you?" Noah's soft voice pulls me from my thoughts.

"No," I try to smile at him, hoping to ease some of the weariness off his face.

Noah's face relaxes and a small smile tugs on his lips again. "I'm really glad you guys worked things out," he says, falling into step next to me. "You should have seen how miserable he looked when I saw him in California."

The teasing tone in Noah's voice makes my smile grow, but it fades quickly as I remember those months. "That was my fault," I confess, shoving my hands deeper into my pockets trying to keep the cold away from them. The guilt claws away at my throat as it tightens and I stare at the ground.

Noah looks down at me, hearing the strain in my voice, he tosses his arm around my shoulder pulling me into his side as we walk. The embrace is simple but provides comfort nonetheless. "I think that whatever happened between you guys was supposed to happened." He states absentmindedly as we walk. "The moment I saw you guys together I knew you were a goner. That's why I tried to get to know him so quickly. I knew he wasn't going anywhere."

I look up as a smile tugs on my lips from his kind words. Noah has always been wise for his young years. He looks down at me, meeting my gaze, and the look in his eyes makes me feel as though he is proud of me. Even though he is my younger brother the idea of making him proud pleases me.