Chapter 10: Simple Moments

Flashback: September

Harry POV

"Harry!"

"Noah!" I half yell half laugh in response to the crazy brunette as he pulls his bag from the trunk of the taxi and slings it over his shoulder.

I can feel Liam's eyes burning into my back from behind me where he leans against the wall inside the beach house.

I can hear his voice repeating in my mind from last night, "What the hell Harry!?! Her brother!? You told her brother that he could stay here for a few days! What were you thinking? You broke up, you haven't spoken to her in a month!" Liam glared at me. "Thanks, I don't really need to be reminded Liam!" I snapped back at him.

He can't wrap his head around how I thought having Noah hanging around for a few days was a good idea. Maybe it's not, but the days have been blurring together and when Noah called and said he would be in California for a bit I found myself offering for him to visit me.

Maybe I miss her so much I am starting to lose my mind. Maybe having Noah here is the last thing that I should have let happen, but I like the idea of having Noah around for a bit; he reminds me of her and of Michael. I could use some of his positive and easy going energy around here for a while.

"I didn't tell her," Noah says as he slaps a hand on my shoulder pulling me back to reality. He must have noticed my dazed expression as he offers me a sympathetic smile.

"What do you mean?" I play dumb not wanting to acknowledge the giant elephant standing on the porch with us.

"I know you're not talking to each other. She wouldn't tell me what happened or if you guys broke up but I know you're not talking." Noah continues and his hand that still rests on my shoulder offers me a comforting squeeze. "So I didn't tell her I was coming here. I figured that was something you could tell her if you wanted to. But I was hoping maybe you would tell me what the hell is going on?" He questions his blue eyes watching me intently the way hers used to.

"Uh..." I mumble awkwardly, scratching at the back of my neck as I look away from him. Sharing the in's and out's of Anna and I's relationship with Noah isn't my decision to make. He may be someone I now consider a friend but he is still her little brother and ultimately that decision should be hers. "Let's go inside, yeah?" I say quietly, avoiding Noah's request.

I was hoping Noah would provide a change of pace for a few days. I need something to distract me from my overwhelming thoughts and the self-pity I have been drowning in for weeks.

"Alright man," he laughs at me throwing his arm over my shoulder and heading for the open front door.

—————

"You did not!" Liam laughs at Noah from across the table as Noah continues to tell the guys horror stories from university. The same university that Noah informed me earlier that he is taking a break from for a while. I can only imagine what Anna will think when she finds out. But Noah seems to know what he wants and right now it is not college. I believe Anna will respect his decision unlike their mother.

Liam warmed up to Noah quickly along with the rest of the guys in the house. I expected nothing less. It is almost impossible to not like Noah, he radiates this charm that draws people to him. We ordered a massive amount of food for dinner and we all have finished a few beers each. I clutch the half cold beer a little to tightly in my hand as I watch the others laugh and joke around.