『3』

Chapter 3 - Blue

Marinette was mulling over the roses on the bed when the third set arrived. A drop of loud footsteps echoed above her. Three steps, then two, and then nothing at all.

She stayed there, frozen for a few seconds before slowly rising from the mattress and making her way to her balcony.

Lifting up the skylight, she poked her head out, turned it to the right and—

"Chat Noir?"

"HI WHAT'S GOOD MARINETTE I WAS JUST DROPPING OFF SOME FLOWERS FROM ADRIEN AGRESTE! BYE, NOW!"

"HEY! WAIT!"

But the superhero had already left, jumping from building to building before disappearing completely behind a wall.

Marinette stayed there, eyes wide in both panic and shock as the words he had said to her sunk in. She let go of the edge of her skylight, dropping onto her bed with furrowed brows.

Tikki's facial expression mirrored her owner's as she settled on Marinette's shoulder.

"What the heck just happened, Tikki?" she asked.

"You're asking that like I have any idea," Tikki said.

Marinette later found out that the flowers were blue. There was a card this time, and lo and behold the initials A. A. were found in the corner under the beautiful poem that was written on it.

Yeah, she was freaking out.

She didn't know Adrien was the one sending her flowers. She didn't know why she was being sent flowers by Adrien. She was even more confused about the fact that Chat Noir was the one who had brought them and she wasn't even sure if it was a romantic gesture or just friendly gifts.

When she got to school the next day, she was still thinking about them. It was kind of hard not to since, as per her new tradition, she wore them in her twin braids.

"Hey, Marinette!"

Marinette, who had been talking to Alya and Nino, froze. Her eyes widened, blood rushing up to her cheeks as she forced a smile onto her face. She whirled around, "HI, ADRIEN!"

She winced. So far, Operation Play Everything Cool wasn't going well.

Adrien's face, she noticed, was flushed red as he too smiled tightly. "How're you doing?"

"Totally fine!" she said happily, "I am totally okay, I've just had the best day today. How's yours?"

"Exceptional! This day—and yesterday too—went perfectly fine with nothing weird happening whatsoever!"

"Right?" she exclaimed, smiling wide enough that it hurt, "Everything is perfectly normal."

Both Nino and Alya knew that nothing was going perfectly normal and both of them understood that they weren't gonna get an explanation any time soon.

Both Adrien and Marinette knew that nothing was going perfectly normal but unlike them, they were freaking about it much more.

"You have the flowers again?"

Marinette nodded, tugging on one of them, "I found out who was giving me flowers."

"You did?" Adrien's voice was higher than normal, his shoulders tensed as he eyed the rose that had led him to this moment.

"Yes!" Marinette squeaked, "And I'll talk to him... later."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! A voice chided herself in her mind, the boy who you've been in love with for the last couple of years is sending you flowers and you're ignoring it?