『6』

Chapter 6 - Coral

It wasn't that Marinette had never been on a date before. Back when she was with Luka, she went on dates with him, and even if it was purely platonic (well, platonic to her) her late-night adventures with Chat Noir could be seen as a romantic date between two superheroes after a long day.

But, even as she reminded herself all of this, Marinette was freaking out.

Really, he had no business being that cute at the moment. Stopping slowly, so he didn't startle her and gently putting her on her feet. Chat smiled down at her with a genuine smile and of course, Marinette was nervous again.

"You thank—I mean!" she cursed, sucking in a breath before trying again. "Thank you, Chat."

"Adrien." he corrected, tilting his head lazily.

"Adrien." Marinette repeated, letting the fact sink in as she turned around and gazed across the rooftop.

"Hey," she said slowly, her eyes widening in surprise. "This is where you made that candle picnic for Ladybug."

There wasn't any picnic this time; Marinette felt a strange disappointment in her chest, which she quickly pushed away. Of course, he wouldn't put all that time into their date. He loved Ladybug and not Marinette.

"You're not very good at this 'pretending I'm Adrien' thing, are you?" Chat Noir took a step closer to her, his breath hot on her skin. Marinette felt the hairs on her neck rise up. She doubted that he had done it by accident. God, he was good at being romantic.

Still, she managed a normal-sounding chuckle at the comment. "Terrible at it."

"No sweat, Princess," Chat said idly, resting his hands on the back of his head and walking forward to look out onto the view. He looked nice there, completing the picture he had painted for their practice date.

Right.
Just a practice date.

And the feeling was back again. Ignoring it for the second time, she pulled herself together and stepped beside Chat.

"So... Adrien." she started in uncertainty, staring at the streets below them.

He laughed faintly, eyes trained on the cars moving through the roads. "It's awkward, right?"

She smiled, nodding her head in agreement. "Definitely."

"What about this?" Chat turned his head to look at her, and stepped backwards away from the edge. Marinette did the same. "You," he said, pointing at her with a warm grin on his face, "Go ahead and tell me everything you love about Adrien."

"Oooh," she cringed, sitting down on the stone rooftop, "This is going to be so embarrassing."

"It's good to get things off your chest." he pointed out, which made Marinette tilt her head in consideration.

"Well..." Marinette watched as Chat made way to sit down next to her, shoulders touching comfortably. "He's kind and he cares about his friends even when they let him down. He's smart, sweet, and considerate. He's absolutely adorable and naive but in a cute way..."

The words rolled off her tongue in an instant. A sound so wonderful and full of adoration. Marinette felt tingles in her body as she recounted everything she loved about the boy. Every moment she was reminded how much she cared about him and how she could never love anyone like she loved him.

"And he's very handsome too," she finished with a giggle, "Super cute. His eyes are so pretty and green and his smile," her shoulders slumped as she smiled lovingly, "His smile is gorgeous. Just like yours."