『7』

Chapter 7 - Lavender

The date came as a surprise even though it was planned a while ago. Instead of Saturday though, it was a late Sunday night which was probably a bad decision on her part as her second biggest worry after fighting a supervillain was getting to school on time. Alas, she had still accepted the reschedule.

It was quite nice, actually. It felt good. Which was slightly bad because she was on a date with Chat Noir. Who, surprisingly, knew a lot about Adrien. Not for the first time during their agreement she wondered how they knew each other.

He had taken her to a lake in the rich rich part of the city which Marinette was shocked to see but she supposed that the place earned its place. Fairy lights and a twinkling reflective lake illuminated by moonlight created an aura that Marinette couldn't put her finger on.

The first thing he does is give her a flower which she had grown accustomed to but was still very flattered (and a little flustered) about. The rose was lavender and if her research was correct, it meant enchantment and love at first sight.

That was a pretty good way to describe how Chat felt for her.

They talked for hours. She tried to flirt because it was a date and it went unexpectedly well. They sat there, criss crossed staring out into the lake discussing way past her self set curfew but when she glanced at her watch the both of them shrieked and shot up out of their seats, Marinette instinctively jumping into Chat's arms sending the two of them crashing into the ground. A small moment of silence ensued before the two of them stared at each other and bursted into laughter.

Chat dropped down onto the balcony and gently placed Marinette onto her feet.

For a second, they simply stared at each other awkwardly.

"Well, this is the end to our - well, Adrien and your second date."

"Yes," Marinette said, "because right now you're supposed to be Adrien and everything I said to you before was directed at Adrien."

"Exactly."

And they started to laugh. Clutching their stomachs giggling against the wall at how weird the situation was. Marinette flopped onto her beach chair, her laughter filling the air and Adrien could feel his heart clench.

"This is unbelievably stupid," she snorted, "Oh my god I'm so weird."

"No you're not!" he assured her, though he was still chuckling, "We're trying to be romantic here."

"Oh please," Marinette rested her chin on her hand as she gazed into his, "What would you know about romance?"

"Wow, really getting into the Ladybug spirit here."

She laughed again and sighed, "Still," she said, "What do you know about romance?"

"I'll have you know that I brought you flowers for six weeks with meanings."

"Adrien sent those, you were just the delivery man."

Chat, who also happened to be Adrien, scoffed, "He got that idea from me. I'm trying to be his wingman here."

"That's Nino's job." Marinette told him, "I'm pretty sure you're not Nino."

He rolled his eyes, a smile still printed on his face, "I'm pretty sure Nino wouldn't agree to do this."

"You're doing this because you owe Adrien." she said.

"That's not entirely true. Adrien likes you; he's too awkward to ask you out. You like Adrien, you also don't want to ask him on a date so I'm just here to help both of you out."