『9』

Chapter 9 - The Black Rose Part 2

Ladybug glanced at him, took in his narrow eyes and let out a small laugh. Deciding to take pity on the guy, she tells him not to worry about the seeing part.

"There's a book in their hand," she explained, pointing it out, "probably a nursery rhyme judging by their name, but she's holding onto it like it's a prized possession." Ladybug leaned back, her head tilting towards him again. "What do you think?"

"I think," he starts, taking a piece of her hair and kissing it gently, "You're a genius and I would be lost without you."

Marinette snorted, pushing him away jokingly as she got up and offered him her hand. "That was so cringy but the feelings mutual Chaton."

"Are we about to kiss right now?" he breathed

Marinette rolled her eyes at the dramatics, "And you wonder why I call you a flirt."

~

Marinette had expected the battle to last at most 30 minutes seeing as their wondrous akuma hadn't seemed to have a plan.

That was two hours ago.

Huffing and wiping the sweat that had beaded on her forehead, Ladybug ducks behind the side of a building before a blazing hot white lightning shoots past the spot she was standing seconds before. Palms planted against the rough wall off the building she breathes in deep breaths to collect herself jumping to the roof of the building. Not for the first time, Ladybug's thankful that she could do superhuman stunts whenever she was suited.

The first time they tried to get the book from them, Chat Noir had almost died. The second time they tried, Ladybug had almost died. And that meant Chat Noir had also almost died.

A wonderful start really.

The plan was as simple as the akuma's outfit. Distraction, sneak attack, bye bye little butterfly. At this rate Marinette wasn't going to be able to show off her amazing rhyming skills. The Akuma, formerly a surprisingly very kind and understanding super villain, was pretty mad right now.

Marinette cringed as the screams of the villain filled the air. It was so so loud. They sure had a voice. Backing up and recollecting her breaths, Marinette scans the area for the akuma as she had lost it once again. A strangely soft surface that didn't feel like a wall hit her back and she spun around.

"Boo."

So that's why it was so loud.

False Song bore down on her, white eyes gleaming like a toddler in a candy shop. Ladybug didn't have time to process words before they lifted their finger and the tip crackled with energy.

Ladybug felt an electric shock shoot through her body as her eyes widened and her hair whipped around like it was a windy day and not a perfectly sunny one. She couldn't move - she had been frozen. A manic smile stretched across their face as a glass casing surrounded her.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh my fucking shit this can't be happening.

Marinette's face was unable to move, her body was paralyzed and put on display for the whole world to see.

I'm screwed.

Around seven seconds after the attack she felt a tingling sensation on the left side of her face and just as she was thinking of ways to get out of this situation, she realized that her mask was actively disintegrating and she couldn't do anything about it. She couldn't think of anything to do about it. Her mind refused to make any sort of thoughts outside 'oh no' which really wasn't all that helpful.