8- Aftermath

Hawks pov~

This training exercise was a simple way for me to see which pupil I should take on, I already had my eye on Kaminari, but I wanted to see how he fought.

"GOOO!!" President Mic boomed into the speeker, making all the teachers flinch. Mirko, Midnight, Vlad King, Nezu, Erasure, President Mic and I were all watching this battle from the "control room", the entire wall infrount of us covered in screen showing different camera angles.

Currently the four squads were in separate corners, however the DekuSquad (consisting of Midoriya, Todoroki, Tsuyu, Iida and Uraraka) and the CreationSquad (consisting of Momo, Aoyama, Satou, Kouda and somehow Mineta managed to sneek in) were quickly coming together without realizing.

Once they clashed the battle was quick and simple, with Momo and a powered-up Satou being the only ones on their team to hold any form of true resistance before being knocked out and captured in ice by Todoroki. 

Aizawa sighed and crossed out the fallen students names on his chart muttering under his breath, "what does Momo see in those kids to stick with them as a squad leader".

I turned my head back to the screen and watched the BakuSquad, their members spread out in a simple yet effective arrow formation with Kaminari on the back left side. 

I noticed the EmoSquad closing in on them and saw their Squad leader, Tokoyami, give Jirou a signal that made her plunge one of her earphone jacks into the wall. Immediately I saw Kaminari stop and snap his head in the direction of the EmoSquad, somehow he had managed to hear Jirous action. I clearly wasn't the only surprised one there as several hero's looked at Erasure for an explanation, making him sigh,

"That kid has shitly good hearing. i honestly think its a lot better than he tells everyone especially if you use this as an example- Jirous earphone jacks make hardly any noise when they attach to anything, I can hardly hear them even if I am right next to her, but Kaminari heard it from over two hundred paces away." He explained as I looked back at the screens. 

This kid was just getting more and more interesting.

The BakuSquad had now completely stopped and were looking at Kaminari, his slightly arched ears on display, they must be part of the reason his hearing is so good. After a hot few seconds of the electric boy listening he began signing to the rest of the group, telling them of the situation. Bakugou smirked and began signing more to Kaminari saying he was going to blow in the EmoSquads direction. Rip Jirous ears.

The whole squad covered their ears as Bakugou let off a large explosion, Kaminari seemingly more effected than the others, probably due to his phobia. The two Squads quickly clashed together, Kaminari immediately going after the invisible girl Hagakure, being the only one who probably knew where she was due to his enhanced hearing. 

Sure enough he dodged a punch form behind and grabbed her arm, flinging her over his head and pinning her on the floor, one knee on her back and his arms pulling her arm far behind her back in the air, completely immobilizing her. 

I let out a whistle. He had done that move in less than a second, and from the way he performed it, he is quite use to combat, and pretty good at it too. The air around him crackled and Hagakures form was lit up for a heartbeat before she was knocked out by Kaminaris electricity. 

Bakugou had also managed to knock out Ojiro in the initial blast and Mina had managed to badly burn four of Shojis six arm-like limbs, so only Jirou and Tokoyami were still in peak condition from their squad. As if sensing Hagakures defeat, the emo bird sent Dark Shadow out to Kaminari but he did a backflip to dodge and landed a few feet away, looking up to servey the situation as Dark Shadow retreated back to her master in order to block a blow from Kirishima. 

Jirou suddenly yelled to her team mates, 

"Headphones!" 

Making them pull up noise cancelers from their necks to their ears, Kaminari's eyes widened as if he realized what was about to happen and Jirou plugged her earphones into the jacks on her legs causing loud sound waves to pulse out.

The entire BakuSquad immediately covered their ears, four of the members merely looking uncomfortable, however most of the teachers attention was draw to the fifth member. Kaminari was covering his ears as well but he was stumbling over his feet with his eyes scrunched up and head bowed down. With no notice, his legs gave way and he came crashing onto his knees, bowing so far over that his head was nearly touching the ground. 

Aizawa looked over at me, 

"You were right Hawks. But this is a lot worse that I thought it was." he gesture at Kaminari's form on the screen, "He has always gone out of his way to avoid fighting Jirou in battle, but I had never realized why until you told me he had phonophobia, but this..." Erasure drew in a breath through his teeth, President Mic moving closer to him in order to provide some comfort.

Several teachers, including myself were now quite concerned about the electric boy, especially as several of his team mates were shouting his name over the sonic blasts but to no avail. Kirishima ran over to Kaminari and flung his arms around the poor boys shaking frame, trying to comfort him and get his attention by calling his name, but it still wasn't working. Mina rushed over aswell and tried to speek to Kaminari as Sero and Bakugou fought off attacks from the remaining EmoSquad members, the latter finally managing to knock Jirou unconscious, silencing the loud sound waves. 

It was from here that my heart was shattered.

Now that the sound waves had stopped we could hear everything clearly again. Kaminari was breathing much to quickly, and still hadn't moved from his hunched over position, though he did loosen his grip on his ears. The other BakuSquad members immediately rushed over to try and help, clearly unsure at what to do.

"He's having an anxiety attack." Midnight murmured, I nodded but didn't take my eyes off the screen.

All of a sudden the DekuSquad burst out of nowhere and Bakugou was sent flying, smashing his head against a wall and being knocked out cold. Sero quickly tried to wrap up Uraraka but she dodged and used her quirk on him, making the student begin to levitate upwards until she pressed her fingers together, making him hit the ground with a force that knocked him out. Midoriya and Iida swiftly dealt with Mina and Kirishima before starting to turn onto Kaminari. however Todoroki stopped them and narrowed his eyes as he analyzed the situation before gasping, clearly he could tell the electric boy was having an anxiety attack.

By now Kaminari had opened his eyes and had stopped bowing over so much, but he stayed on the floor and his hands stayed gripped onto his head, his eyes darting around the place taking in the situation with panic. 

Just as Todoroki started to approach him, Kaminari screamed and bent upwards, letting go of his head, opening his arms and tilting his head upwards, releasing a massive amount of electricity. Iila, Uraraka and Tsuyu were immediately knocked out with Midoriya not long after as none of them were near enough to Todoroki to get shielded by his ice. 

The air was blinding bright with gold and yellow flashes as electricity crackled throughout the room. However it didn't last for long and soon the light faded down, giving Todoroki a chance to completely submerge Kaminari in ice, immobilizing him.

His breathing was still unsteady but his eyes weren't as panicked anymore, meaning the anxiety attack had passed.

The horn buzzed as Todoroki secured the win for the DekuSquad.