Chapter 47 ~ Court

Fayette

As I stand in front of the mirror trying to gather myself together. I can't help but think of how far I've come. I came to Seattle to get my dream job, and I met the love of my life doing so. But I have also made some mistakes being here. One being deciding to wear red to a courthouse.

It's been a month since I have gotten better. And life has been good. Elias is back on the team, so is Cole, and Abby is working her butt off in school.

As for me, well let's say I'm living. I have to be in the courthouse in an hour and I have no idea what to wear. What do you normally wear when you are getting a restraining order against two people who have assaulted you?

I don't know either, that's why I'm stressed out. I think I'm just going to go in jeans and a blouse. Yeah I'll do that.

After I change, I feel much better, Elias comes in the room looking nice as well. When I told him what I'm doing, he said he was proud of me. And that he was going to be with me every step of the way.

This is why I love him.

"Hey sweetheart." I say. He comes closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist as we stand in front of the mirror. "You're going to be great honey." He kisses my neck and I let out a sigh.

"I'm just nervous." I say and he nods. "I know baby, but you have to be strong." I turn around and give him a tiny kiss.

"Let's go baby." I nod and let him lead me out.

☁️

"Your honor, here is the security tape from my apartment building, as you can see they both walk in taking advantage that my door was unlocked. If you turn up the volume you will be able to hear my dog barking in the back, clearly scared of the people who walked into our home." I let out a breath and look at Eli, he gives me a nod to continue.

"You can see they are in here for about ten minutes and then run out of the door while my dog chases them." I finish with and let the judge look for himself.

"So Miss Monet, why was your front door unlocked?" The judge looks up from the screen.

"Your honor. I was sick in bed, my boyfriend was leaving the house early that morning, he must have left it open by accident." I say. I feel bad for calling Eli out but I need to tell the truth.

"And does your boyfriend have any past trouble with these boys?"

"Yes, your honor. Dylan was his hockey teammate, after Dylan cheated on my bestfriend, Eli and his friend Cole, who is now Abby's boyfriend, had trouble with him. Dylan was always coming up to the four of us and calling us names and just being disrespectful." I say with my chin up high in the clouds. Hoping that he will see it.

"And what about Leo?"

"Leo is my ex boyfriend. We both come from Paris. I came here to study biology after we broke up because he told me I was quote "Stupid for following my dreams." Then I took my friends to Paris for thanksgiving week and there he was, he was acting weird but ignored it until I saw him here once again." I say out of breath.

"Mr. Dylan, anything to say?" The judge asks and I take my spot back. "Your honor, we were heading into the house for Elias and Cole. We were so fed up that they decided that they could take our girls from us. We just went in there to prove that to them." Dylan crosses his arms and I let out a scoff.

I look towards Abby, Elias, and Cole who are beyond pissed right now. "Leo?" The judge asks and Leo looks up.

"What he said. I never told Fay she was stupid for coming here I was very supportive." Leo says which makes my mouth drop.

"Are there any witnesses?" I shake my head but Elias stands up. "Your honor, if I must speak, I have this voice memo. I recorded it the day Leo transferred to University of Seattle."

The judge nods and asks for the memo. Elias hands him the phone which then leads to the judge listening.

"Thank you by the way, Dylan. Without that plane ticket I would have been a lost cause."

"No worries man, why did you need it anyway?"

"I need Fay back man. I don't regret saying that coming here was a stupid choice. In fact the more I'm here the dumber I think she is. But I'm not leaving till I have her back on that plane ride with me."

"If you get Fay on the plane ride, you better help me to get Abby back. It's all Fay's fault for coming here and ruining a perfect relationship."

The voice memo ends and Abby is in tears. I can hear her sobs from where I'm sitting. I look to Elias who gives me a nod and a wink as he walks back to his chair.

"I don't think I need to hear anymore, your restraining order is approved." The judge says and I let out a sigh of relief and start to chuckle to myself when I see Abby start jumping.

"If I were you guys, I would have you guys put a restraining order on them, but don't let that happen unless something else occurs." The other three nod and give them a thumbs up.

☁️

I come out of the courthouse and see all three of my friends standing there. I run to Elias and jump in his arms. I love you, thank you." I say kissing his ear.

"I love you more Fay." He says and I laugh at that cause that's just not possible.

"So, wanna go to IHop? Cole asks which makes us all chuckle but agree. This went better than I thought. I just hope this is all over now.

I get to live in peace with my friends and my boyfriend. I couldn't be happier.