Part 3

Previously:

After we finished our tea, I felt sleepiness rush over me. *yawn* I yawned. " Let's get some sleep, you guys, g'night." I said. "G'night." they say in unison. I got up from the couch, and walk into my room. I get into bed, and close my eyes.

MUGS' POV

We're lucky this lady helped us. I still can't believe that she thinks her drawings are bad. 'Does she always, put herself down like that?' I think to myself. I feel more tired now, probly because I had chamomile tea. Me and Cuphead, were about to go to sleep. 'I wonder, how old is she? Why was she stuttering? And why was she blushing?' I close my eyes, drifting off to sleep. I then hear something that I wasn't expecting. 'Crying?' I say in my head. I knew it was Madi. I slowly get up from the couch, and follow the sobbing. I then find where it's coming from, it was Madi. I didn't want to wake her up, so slowly opened the door. What I see,
shocks me. She was crying, in her sleep. She was mumbling somethings too. "Mugs? Cups?...no I'm sorry! I I just want to be your friend!" My eyes widen in shock. 'S she...thinks we're not friends?!More likely she's afraid that we're lying.' "D Daddy?! No, please!...don't leave me! 'She must be having a nightmare! Poor thing...I better see if I can comfort her.' I walk into her room, not caring that it's a mess. I walk over to her bed, and sit down beside her. I shake her awake. "Madi? Madi, it's just a bad dream." I say as I shake her gently awake.

MADISONS' POV

I was having a terrible dream! Until I hear a familiar voice! "Madi? Madi, it's just a bad dream." the voice says shaking me. I bolt awake, to see Mugs looking at me with a worried face. "M mugs?" I say in shock. I'm still shaking and crying hard. "I I'm sorry! I know you don't wanna be friends, p please don't hurt me!" I say curling into a ball. I then feel his hand on my arm, he caresses it. "I would never hurt you,Madi. Why would I?" I look up at him, salty tears streaming down my cheeks. Then all of a sudden...he pulls me into a hug, and rubs circles on my back. "Shh...calm down. It was just a bad dream. It wasn't real." he said in a quiet voice. I cry into his chest.

After our embrace, I calm down a bit. " Madi?" He asks me. "Hm?" I reply, still sniffling from the crying. "Can you tell me...what your nightmare was about?" He asks me with a hand on my shoulder. 'No! He'll know for sure why I blushed, earlier. I'll only tell him the part about Daddy.' I took a deep breath, and sigh. "It was...it was about...my dad." I reply with a shaky voice. "If you don't mind me asking, where...is...your dad?" he asked. "He...he passed away. Two years ago." I reply as a tear makes it's way down my face. "Oh! Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry, Madi!" He says pulling me into another hug. "It's okay...part of l life r right?" I reply as we broke the hug. "Hey? Wanna be friends?" He asks me with a gentle smile. My eyes widen at his words. "R really?" I ask. He nods with a closed eye smile. "Yeah, I w would like that." I replied.

After explaining why they should sleep in my room with me, they agreed to. I pull out an air mattress, for them to sleep on. We said goodnight again, and fell asleep.

I wake up, and stretch. I get up to see the Cup bros, sitting on the foot of my bed,looking at me!
"G'mornin, Mads." Cup said smiling. "*yawn* Mornin guys, how dya sleep?" I ask them, stretching. "We slept okay, what about you?" Cups replied. 'I can't tell Cups, what happened last night, or what my nightmare was about.' "It's okay, Madi. I told Cuphead about your nightmare." Mugs said as they scoot closer to me. "Y you did?" I ask, afraid what Cuphead thought of us being friends. "And it's be cool to be your friends." Cups replies with as smile. "Really?! You would?" I say with joy. "Of course, we would." Mugs said smiling.

I get outta bed, and hug them. "Thanks you guys." I say pulling away from the hug. I look at them, to see them...blushing? "Anywhozels...would you guys like some breakfast?" I ask. "Yes, please." Mugs said smiling.