Chapter 5 (part 2)

MUGS' POV
I can hear Madi singing, she sounds happy. Then all of a sudden, I realized that it sounds like a love song! "Who's singing?" Cuphead asked, looking confused. "It's Madi singing." I replied. 'I wonder...maybe she'd be interested, in getting a job at the casino. She would be a knockout, if she could be hired as a performer!'
Maybe if she can...we'll ask if she's interested.

MADISONS' POV

After my shower, I get dressed. I pack my bag, to go to my aunt and uncle's house. I walk outta the bathroom, and walk into the living room, with my backpack and Baboo, my stuffed gorilla. "Hey guys! I'm ready. All I gotta do now, is brush my hair, and put on some shoes." I smiled. I sit down on the couch, in between the cup bros.

After a few more minutes, I'm all ready to go. Mom unlocks the car doors, and lets us in. Mom sits up front, while I sit in between Mugs and Cup in the back. After a few minutes, we arrive at Walmart. Mom lets us walk off by ourselves, to look around. We walk right to the boys' clothing section. They immediately find a shirt that sparks their interests. Much to my surprise, they look exactly like the sweaters that they wore when they were younger. "I like this blue sweater." Mugs said, looking at the piece of clothing. "I like the red'n." Cup said, admiring the one he picked out. 'Okay...well that was fast.' I thought, with shocked expression. "Madi? Can we get these?" Mugs asked. "Mmhm." I hummed in response, with a smile. We walk to the boys' pants section, and they immediately went to the same color of shorts, as the shirts they picked out. "Madi, what do you wanna look at?" Mugs asked, looking at me. "Hm? Oh...I guess at the dresses, but-whoa!" I yelp, as they pull me to that section. "Guys! What're you doing?" I laughed. We skid to a stop, right at the dresses. "Guys, we don't have to-" Mugs cut me off. "It's okay, Madi. We picked out a new outfit, so you should pick one out too. We've got plenty of time." he smiled, gently pushing me at one of the clothing racks. "Okay, but not for a long time. We gotta leave as soon as my mom calls me on my phone." I said, looking at them. I looked through some of the dresses. "What color would I look best in?" I asked myself. "Hmm...red." Cup answered, in confidence. "Huh?" I asked him. "I think you'd look good in red." he smiled. "I think she'd look stunning in blue." Mugs added, in an arguing manner. They begin to argue, but then a dress catches my eye!

 They begin to argue, but then a dress catches my eye!

"Whoa...this'd be perfect for a date." I said, taking it off of the rack. I hold it up to my chest, and what do ya know it's the perfect size! I look at the price tag. "Only $12.99? That's not bad." I smiled. "Hey Mads, whatcha lookn' at?" Cup asked, walking towards me, with his brother right behind him. I turned around, and showed the dress to 'em. They stare at it, then back at me. "Never mind, green'll look much better on ya." Cup said, with a smirk. "I agree." Mugs added. I smiled, and agreed that this is what i'll pick out. "Mads, can we look at a certain section of the store, before we leave?" Cup asked. I nodded, and ask him which one it is. "It's the one with alcohol." he grinned. We walked to it, much to Mugs displeasure. "I wonder if they have...aha!" he exclaimed, holding a bottle of whiskey. Mugs picks out a bottle of gin. I feel a sudden vibration in my jean pocket. My mom called, and told us to meet her at self-check.

As we were walking out of Walmart, I felt fingers intertwine with mine. I look, to see Cup holding my hand! We get in the car, and drive off to my aunt and uncle's house. "Madi, what are you aunt and uncle like?" Mugs asked, nervousness in his voice. "They're really nice. Don't worry, Muggy." I paused, and cover my mouth. 'Did I really just call him that?! Muggy?! He's gonna hate me for calling him that!' I felt a hand squeeze mine. "Heh...it's okay, Madi. Y-you can c-call me that." he blushed. I relaxed, and gave a smile. Our hands stayed together, for the whole car ride.

We finally get to my aunt and uncle's house. Me and the boys hop outta the car, and walk up the porch steps. I knock on the door, being welcomed by a pair of kind arms. "Hey, sugar! How ya been?" Aunt Rere asked.
"I've been doin great! How bout y'all?" I answered, smiling. "That's great, hon." she smiles, then looks behind me. "Who're they?" she asked, pointing at the boys. "Aunt Rere, I'd like ya to meet Cuphead and Mugman." I smiled.