13. destroy those i don't understand

-3rd
"I get it. You guys are the ones who assaulted U.A." His snake-like voice hummed as he stared down the villains who summoned him.

"And you want me to join your little gang." He added, hunched over and messing with the knife sheath that was sewn into his pant-leg.

"Yeah, when it comes to being evil—you're a pro." Shigaraki sat with his arm propping his body against the counter of the bar. He seemed much more confident in himself, holding his stature more casual than usual.

"What're you after?" His eyes slitted, growing more uncomfortable with the way the boy's red eyes peered at him through the spaces between the fingers gripping his face.

"I eventually want to kill All Might." Shigaraki waved his hand to dismiss that information as old news. "But for now I want to destroy everything I don't like, and get my hands on everything I don't understand." He rubbed his two fingers together before reaching across the bar to grab two images.

"This brat for instance, he stopped my first attempt at killing All Might." He slid another picture next to the one of Izuku Midoriya he had laid out on the surface. "He also stopped me from getting her."

"What's she to you?" The Hero Killer peered at the images, taking in the pictures of the two young kids before him.

"The thing I don't understand." Shigaraki's tone made it clear he had no intentions of elaborating any further.

The Hero Killer let out a momentary, pathetic chuckle. "It's ridiculous that you had my interest there for a moment. You're the type I hate the most." He growled out as he whipped out his swords. "As if I would team up with some tantrum throwing child!" He laughed.

"Bloodlust without a true conviction is meaningless."

"Who said I had no conviction?" Shigaraki bit back, standing so abruptly that the chair that once held him toppled over.

"You spout nonsense about killing things you don't like. And that damn girl, you say nothing more than not understanding her. You're pathetic." The Hero Killer spat as he steadily approached the villain with the lethal touch.

"You speak nonsense of topics you know nothing about." Shigaraki stood his ground, to the surprise of Kurogiri. "I owe you no explanation but for my own sake I will give you one." He stopped and slammed his hand down on the countertop, sending cracks running rapidly through the decaying surface.

"My thoughts are not my own. They haven't been for as long as I've been breathing." His tongue ran across his teeth but no one knew but him. "That girl is the first thing I've ever seen, who's resemblance has been mine."

Shigaraki gritted his teeth as he watched a piece of the countertop he used his quirk on fall to the floor. "She is the only person I have recognized on my own. I will know her and it will be mine." He eyed the villain with the ratty bandages lining his narrow, bloodshot eyes. "So don't tell me I have no conviction."

Because Shigaraki was determined.

Much like she was, he was devoted to finding out the secrets to his past.

And Y/n Aizawa was the key to unlock the chains that have been wrapped around his memories for all these years.

**
2nd
Y/n
You sat on the steps that led to your grandfathers house with a stiff Izuku Midoriya by your side.

The sun was in its beginning stages of melting with the rest of the sky, and the two of you sat there admiring it like you had so many times back in your favorite field.

Though, this time there was a tension in the air both of you were desperate to escape from.

But, it wasn't like you were going to tell him that.