18. likes him too

"Y/n." Your father greeted you with a nod as you entered your home.

"Hey hey hey." You grinned, hanging up your school bag and slipping off your shoes.

Hopping up on the main floor, you slipped into your house slippers before skipping off into the kitchen.

"How was your study session?" He asked with a hum as he stirred the curry he was making.

"Productive." You answered, rubbing your eyes. The lack of sleep was beginning to catch up with you.

You watched as your Dad filled up a glass of water. "I have a question for you." He added as he turned and handed the cool drink to you.

"Just ask, why are you being so weird?" You laughed, nervously taking a sip.

"Bakugou...is he doing alright?"

Your eyes rolled at his question. "Same as normal." You grunted, placing your chin on your hand—thinking back to your earlier conversation with him. "Still competing with Izuku. It's nothing more than that."

With a nod your father silently acknowledged your response. He knew that he shouldn't pry you for information, but he was worried about the direction the fledgling hero was going in. Bakugou often exhibited behaviors of a anti-hero, a trait he wasn't very fond of.

**
This week has been exhausting. You were getting used to groaning to yourself again, especially now that the written exams were over.

Standing in the middle of your classmates, all adorning your unique hero costumes, you faced your father and many other teachers of U.A.

The practical was the last obstacle you had to ace before your summer vacation. Then you could relax. You just had to keep that finish line in mind.

"Let's begin your practical exam." Your father's eyes scanned the group of students, stern as always. "It is of course, possible to fail this exam. If you want to attend the training camp then don't mess this up."

"There sure are a lot of teachers here." Jirou whispered to you as she slowly counted each one.

You barely heard her, every word coming out of the mouth of your father and the teachers around him was dancing through your mind. You had been sure that you were going to fight the robots, you had even found a plan for the final stored away in your father's desk.

When were you going to learn that your father would never make things easy for you?

**
Thirteen.

Their quirk was detrimental against yours. Every plan you could come up with on the spot was shot back down immediately once you flashed back to the USJ, and how she used her quirk with ease to suck people and objects back towards her.

With a quick glance towards Ochaco and Aoyama, the minuscule confidence that remained inside of you vanished. The two of them looked more unsure than you did.

**
Standing in the middle of the battle grounds did nothing to ease your nerves, neither did your pre battle discussion with your teammates.

The most logical way you could think of to win this was to get lost in the shadows and cuff Thirteen when they weren't looking. But it was likely that they wouldn't allow any of you to split from the pack, it was their sole job not to do so.

"We need to head into this prepared to not use our quirks." You said to Ochaco as you stepped into the arena.

She nodded. "They're useless against them, the teachers are so mean." She stuck her tongue out and pouted.