Chapter Seventeen

Aron's POV.
"Now you know. Sort of." I glanced up at Danny, he looked like as if he had seen a ghost or something. "You okay man?"

He nodded his head and leaned back against the railing. "So he's known that she's been talking to you for years, so then why now would he freak out like that?"

"Because after that we were more careful about talking to each other."

I leaned my face against Ava's back as she spoke. "I don't know why my dad is so sensitive about Aron when nothing bad ever happened to me when I was with him."

I felt Ava entangle her fingers in my hand, and squeezed lightly.

"Honestly I think that he acts that way because he feels like she had liked Aron better than him." Jordan spoke up, tossing Danny another beer.

"If you think about it Ava, you really did hang out more with Aron than you did your own dad."

Ava slunk back against me and sighed,"So this is all my fault?" She asked in a small voice.

We all looked at her telling her that nothing that had happened or has been happening was her fault.

"Ava, your dad has issues. And he needs to figure them out before he can do anything else." Jordan sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Nah really? I didn't know." Ava said sarcastically.

"Alright enough being all depressed. I say that we party." Funny said jumping off the porch.

"Sounds good to me." Jordan followed behind Funny to his car. "Jay! Matt! You guys coming?" He called.

"Yeah we are." Jay grabbed his coat, as did Matt.

"Danny," Ava leaned forward and placed her hand on his knee. "Go with the guys. Get your mind off of this."

He nodded his head and left with Jay and the guys.