2-Alpha

Brent O'Connor's POV:

Ugh, the flight was barely over an hour from my pack, The Valley Wolf Pack, but I am beyond ready to get out of this vehicle that had only left the airport five minutes ago.. My head is pounding and my wolf will not shut the fuck up. Holding my head in my hands I attempt to steady my breathing, trying to push through this pain. I am an Alpha, how is a migraine taking me out this easily? My wolf now in a full blown panic as we are coming upon the The Wolf Moon Pack boarders.

 "What the hell is wrong with you?" My Beta asked, giving me a concerned look. I gave him a death glare and he just shrugged and looked out his window. "Why is the place so...dull? There's nothing here? " Anderson wondered allowed. TOO FUCKING LOUD. "My fucking head feels like it's about to explode. My wolf is going insane." My Beta looked back at me with a huge grin on his face. "What the hell are you so happy about? I just told you I'm in pain and you're smiling at me?" Anderson chuckled, "maybe it means you're about to find Luna. That is exactly how I felt before finding Jess." 

Once again I gave him a threatening glare. I am 36 years old and mateless. It was wearing me thin. I'd had a mate, but she eventually rejected me after years of not being able to conceive a pup. It destroyed me. I prayed daily for a second chance, but in 2 years..nothing. So not only was I mateless, but the likelihood that I'd ever have an Alpha heir regardless, was very slim. These facts had hardened me over the years and speaking of mates was a huge trigger for me. 

"Shut the hell up, Anderson." 

Putting his hands up in surrender, "yes, Alpha."

I rested my head back against the seat. I knew all about how he met Jess and while I felt for what the poor girl had gone through, I didn't care to hear their love story again. Call me jealous. I really don't care. With that thought I close my eyes in search of relief, unbuttoning the top button of my black dress shirt, and pushing my sleeves up to my elbows. As the Alpha of Alphas in the Northern Region, I was on official business doing my yearly checkup on the packs under my jurisdiction, but that did not mean I wasn't going to be at least slightly comfortable. At least I had on some nice grey dress pants and black dress shoes. I didn't look completely disheveled. 

"We've arrived at Wolf Moon pack, Alpha" the driver suddenly stated pulling me from my thoughts and keeping me from choking my overly excited Beta. I rubbed once more at my throbbing temple before pulling the door handle and stepping out of the vehicle. I was in shock as the faint scents of citrus and amber entered my nose. Is that what I think it is? "Mate!" my wolf howled in my head. A second chance mate? A second chance to have my Luna? Oh my Goddess. This could not be real.

My wolf was on a mission. I finally understood what all of his commotion was about. Damn it, Anderson was right. I would never live this down, but honestly I didn't care. I had to get to my Luna. Between my wolf and a sinking feeling in my gut, it felt like something was terribly wrong. 

I barely had a shred of control over my wolf, allowing him to pick up on the faint scent so that we could follow it. As we blew straight past the Alpha of Wolf Moon and his Beta, I Didn't give them so much as a nod. Alpha Jacobs called after me, but that didn't slow me down. If I slowed down now my wolf would shift and I couldn't have that on another Alpha's territory. Even if I am Alpha of Alphas it would be seen as incredibly disrespectful. 

The scent was taking me to the trees - the opposite direction of the pack house. 

I heard Anderson coming closer to me, "Alpha! Wait! What are you doing?" 

Did he dare question me? Anderson had always been a pain in my ass, never fully submitting to my authority, but I let it slide most of the time as we'd been best friends since we were young pups, but right now he was pissing me off with all of his questions this morning. I decided to ignore him and kept walking, the scent getting stronger with every step. My wolf howling, 

'GET TO MATE! NOW!'

"ALPHA!" Anderson tried shouting again. 

"Anderson, if you do not shut the fuck up, you will run the full two hours back to our pack in human form! Do you understand me!" I shouted back at him using every ounce of my Alpha Authority. 

He was shocked at my outburst, but he complied and we continued on. I could hear Alpha Jacobs and his Beta running up now as the scent began to overwhelm my senses. My eyes searching the area frantically.

Finally,  I saw her. The most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on. Yes, even more beautiful than my first mate. My pull to her so much stronger than I ever thought possible. Even without the marking or mating I swear I can feel the bond all the same. Suddenly my heart began to beat wildly in my chest. Something was wrong, why was her heart rate so slow?

I arrived at her side moments later and notice a bottle of sliver and a photo of a young girl that looked very similar to my mate. Panic beginning to set in. 

The bottle was empty, holy shit she drank the silver! I grabbed her wrist to feel for a pulse. It was there, but barely. Anderson arriving to the opposite side of her, grabbing the bottle of silver. His wolf could feel the Luna aura coming off of her, and he immediately became protective of her.

 "Alpha, there's still some silver left. She didn't drink the whole thing." 

Sighing, I silently thanked the Moon Goddess. Hoping this meant she would live, but would her wolf come back to her? I scooped her small body up into my arms as Alpha Jacobs and his Beta finally caught up. 

"Alyssa" Alpha Jacobs spoke, barely a whisper... 

"Beta Jones, alert Gamma Pembrook, he needs to know." 

My eyes tore from my mate, glaring into Alpha Jacobs stunned eyes. "My mate deserves privacy. No others need to know of her condition. Clearly she needs medical care. For what reason do you have to get your Gamma involved with my mate?" I asked. Becoming even more protective of my mate, if that were even possible. 

Alpha Jacobs stuttered out, "A-Alpha O'Connor..Alyssa Pembrook can't be your mate..her mate is um, well he is my Gamma..."

"Mine! " I roared into the faces of the three men staring back at me... 

____________________________

Plot holes fixed as of 8/23/22 

Vote, comment, share!

Question of the day, tons of butter, or no butter on your popcorn? I am a no extra butter kind girl, I hate to feel greasy lol!