3-Questions

Brent's POV:

Without another word I took off with my mate in my arms and ran to the Pack Infirmary. I remembered seeing it as we pulled on to pack lands not even 30 minutes ago. A million questions cycled through my head. Why had she drank silver? Who was that child in the photo? How did she have a mate? My wolf grumbled at the last thought,

'She is OURS!' He roared with jealousy.

I forced him to the back of my mind. I would seek these answers later. Right now my mate and her need for immediate medical attention was the only thing I cared about.

I finally reached the doors of the infirmary. Thankfully they were automatic or I probably would've kicked them down. I rushed her to the front desk with rain dripping from my hair and clothes and the lady sitting behind it looked up at me, her eyes opened wide when she saw me. I can only imagine how feral I appeared.

"Alpha O'Connor, Alpha Jacobs mind linked ahead of your arrival and we have a room ready for Mrs. Pembrook." My wolf growled hearing her being referred to as a Mrs. but once again I pushed him back. I would have answers later. Right now my mate needed me to be clear headed and I simply followed the older lady to the room.

The doctor and nurses filled the room quickly as I laid her on the bed.

"Alpha O'Connor, we've got it from here. Thank you for bringing her in."

I glared at her, a growl ripping from my throat that caused everyone to pause what they were doing. "She is mine and I WILL NOT be leaving" I stated in a low, but authoritative tone.

"Y-yes Alpha" the doctor said, confused and stumbling over her words, bending her neck in submission. "Can you please step to the head of her bed so that we can begin our assessment and get some blood for lab work?"

I complied. Thankful that I could still be close to her. Stepping to the head of the bed I began stroking her beautiful hair. I was mesmerized. She has the most beautiful shade of ginger red hair I'd ever seen. I bet her eyes are just as beautiful, I thought to myself. Goddess I couldn't wait for her to open her eyes. Please, PLEASE let her open them I silently begged.

I watched as a needle slid into the crook of her elbow. My wolf did not like seeing blood coming from our mate and threatened to shift. I held on to every shred of control I could. "Our mate does not need us in wolf form! Calm the hell down" I mindlinked to him.

'Mate is bleeding, how can I be calm!'

'They are taking blood for labs, dumb ass. Now be quiet!'

He whimpered at the name I'd called him, but I seriously did not care. All I cared about was Alyssa's wellbeing. Alyssa, gosh what a beautiful name.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard shouting in the hallway.

"Where the hell is she? How could she have done something so stupid! This is so fucking embarrassing!" My ears perked at the voice that was growing louder and louder. My canines elongated and claws beginning to come out in a half shift, ready to protect my mate at all costs.

Then the door was ripped open. My Beta, who had been standing at the door on guard, immediately jumped in between his new Luna and the man who had just entered the room.

"Why the hell are y'all in here with my mate? What the hell is going on?" I assumed this to be Gamma Pembrook.

"She is NOT your mate. At least not anymore. Something has happened to her and from the words you so loudly professed in the hallway I am inclined to think this has something to do with you! Get the hell out of here before I rip your fucking limbs off!" I seethed at the man.

Unable to fight my Alpha Authority no matter how much he wanted to, his wolf simply wouldn't let him.

"This is not over, Alpha." He spat at me.

I let his very obvious sign of disrespect go as he exited the room so I could turn my attention back to my mate. Her beautiful face calming me from the confrontation as I once again resumed stroking her hair. Seeing they had finished with drawing her blood and seemed to have finished their assessment.

"Alpha O'Connor?" I looked up from my mate, giving the doctor my full attention, "we have completed our assessment and my nurse just left with the vials of blood. I will have more answers for you here soon."

Sighing and resting my hand on my mate's shoulder, "thank you Doctor?" I questioned searching for her name. "Grace" she stated, understanding what I was searching for. "Thank you Dr. Grace. I apologize for my outburst. Thank you for caring for my mate." A look of shock passed quickly over her face. Clearly she had questions, but she knew better than to pry.

"You're welcome Alpha O'Connor." She said as she awkwardly exited the room.

"So what's the plan?" My Beta spoke up after we were left alone.

"The plan?" I asked him as I sat on the stool next to her bed. Suddenly feeling extremely worn down from the day's sudden turn of events. My wolf and I heartbroken over the condition of our mate.

"Yes, you've heard everyone. Including her mate. Something is going on." I looked at him with a glare. "Hey I'm just saying we clearly need a plan here, Alpha." I knew he was right. This situation was becoming more and more confusing as the events continued to unfold.

I pinched the bridge of my nose, furrowing my brow at the insane situation, "we wait until she wakes up. And then we will get answers."~~~~~~~~~

Slightly shorter chapter, but I needed to transition to the next!

What do y'all think of Alpha Brent O'Connor?

What do y'all think of Gamma Dalton Pembrook?

Like, vote, comment!

Plot holes and accidental name mess-ups have been fixed - 8/23/22