Nights with him

You propped your head up on your wrist. With your other hand lazily writing down numbers and such, you couldn't even remember what you were even writing down.

You're still here, at the Firehouse. The boys resting in their sleeping quarters. This was one of those rare nights where they got to sleep, not out saving New York City.

Well, all except one was asleep. He was upstairs in that damn lab.

Although, you desperately needed to get this paperwork finished and given to the mayor. He's been demanding it for a while now, back when Janine still worked here.

It was very difficult keeping yourself awake. You were trying your best not to just close your eyes now and sleep.

What makes it worse is that you have Egon's cardigan wrapped loosely around you.

He had given it to you a few hours ago when you had started on the papers. It was chilly inside the building, he had discovered that you were cold and had given it to you.

Gratefully, you had eagerly taken the soft material.

The smell of his cardigan was intoxicating, you were fighting every ounce of willpower not to snuggle into it and rest.

It wasn't really a certain smell, you couldn't pick out what it smelled like. It was just.. Egon. Uniquely Egon, it was wonderful.

Sharply inhaling, you tried your best not to get lost in his scent. At this rate, you were bound to fall asleep.

Lifting your head, turning it over to see the half drank can of Coke. Reaching for the can, you swirled it around to try and make it slightly fizzy. It had been sitting there for a few hours.

Bringing it up to your lips, you took a small sip. Wanting to save more for later, after all, you are gonna be here for a while longer.

You set the can back down making sure it was far away from the edge and your elbow.

Bumping your hand into Ray's radio, he had let you use it to listen to music while you worked.

He was fixing Ecto-1 too, so he was out here listening to music with you too. He was going on about some slime getting into Ecto-1's transmission; messing it all up, Ray wasn't too pleased about it either.

Although you had turned the music off when Ray and the others had gone off the bed, this was a rare moment where they got to sleep, wanting them to enjoy it.

However, Egon was still working in the lab. If you were being honest, you wanted to march up those stairs and scold the man. Telling him to go to sleep, he's human and needs to rest.

Heavily exhaling, you rubbed your tired eyes and ruffled your soft hair, some of it falling in your vision. You moved your hair aside. Focusing on the tedious stack of paper you had to finish.

Your hand quickly scribbling down responses on the paper, you already felt yourself falling asleep, again.

To take your mind off the sweet thoughts of sleep, you thought about earlier today.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆.。:*.。.:*☆ ༓・*˚⁺‧

Agreeing to help Egon upstairs, you are quite ecstatic about helping this handsome man.

You remember him popping into the dining room, where you sat, your eyes gazing over a CoverGirl magazine.

"Y/N, would you like to assist me, please?" You perked up, looking at the tall man. Giving a nod and gave him a small smile.

"Of course." You closed the magazine, marking your spot in it by folding over the right corner of it.

Sliding out of the chair, you walked over to him. He was already heading out of the room but he stopped for a moment as he waited for you to catch up to him. He waved you over to him as you picked up your pace.