Savin' the Day

You paced the living area in the apartment, sure, Egon had called you ten minutes ago. Reassuring you that they're going to see the mayor.

Egon had also mentioned that if him and the boys were able to get off easily, they were going to head back to the Firehouse for their equipment.

You hoped that they would be okay. After all, this was all Walter Peck's fault. If he weren't so nosy, this mess would've of never happened in the first place.

You reminisced about how his deep voice on the other side of the phone, it had quickly soothed the worrying ache in your heart.

Plopping down onto the couch, you grabbed the television remote that sat on the coffee table next to the couch.

Switching it on, the New York City news was the first channel to show up. Outside, the news reporter stood in front of the Shandor Buildings. Firefighters rushing to the inside the building, the news reporter spoke in a loud tone,

"We have just been informed that the Ghostbusters are heading to the scene that is occurring behind us! Will they be able to solve this terrible, terrible predicament? Or will the boys in grey suffer a terrible demise?"

You shot up from the couch, you had to get down there as fast as you could. Although, the streets were probably flooded with traffic. The Shandor Building was only a few blocks away, you could be able to get there in time on foot.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆.。:*.。.:*☆ ༓・*˚⁺‧

As the four men were exiting the Ecto-1, you stood on your toes, trying to get a good look where they were. Alas, the crowd of people made it nearly impossible to see them.

Snaking your way through the crowd, you tried to slip past the police barricades but an officer stopped you.

"Hey now missy, I get that you're a big fan of these guys but you've gotta stay back." He snarled at you, grabbing your wrist tightly.

Luckily, while Peter and Ray were greeting the crowds of people, Egon spotted you being held back by the officer.

"Y/N!" He jogged over to you, a grin plastered on his face, the officer whipped his head around to the quick approaching man, but he kept his grip on you.

"Egon.." You breathlessly spoke, he finally made his way over to you, giving the officer a cold glance.

"Sir, it's fine for her to accompany us, she's our secretary— and my girlfriend." Egon looked down at the grip the officer held her in, preventing him to hold her in his arms.

"Alright, but she can't be in there for too long. They want us to make sure civilians aren't too close." The officer narrowed his eyes at Egon, then released his grip.

Egon pulled you away from the crowd, closer to Ecto-1, "Y/N, why did come here? I told you to stay put, you knew it would be potentially hazardous."

"Egon, sweetheart, I wanted to make sure that you'll be safe; along with the other boys."

He looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact. You knew he was just trying to protect you.

Sheepishly, he had looked up, "I love you," He softly spoke before gingerly placing his large hand on your cheek. Leaning downwards, he placed a soft kiss on your lips. Feeling if he would apply anymore pressure, you'd shatter.

Multiple cameras flashed and shuttered in the distance, the crowd's shouting had gotten slightly louder. Pulling away from him, he bit the inside of his cheek, "Y/N, you have to go back to the crowd. I don't want you in harms way. You'll be safer."