A Night to Remember

Sitting curled up in your chair, a blanket was draped over your shoulders. Your eyes gazing at the book's pages, your brows furrowed as you kept on reading.

A loud clatter made you look up, where the Ecto-1 sat. Ray and Peter where cleaning out the car, Peter must've dropped something because Ray was scolding him.

You shook your head, chuckling softly as you heard Peter gave Ray a smartass remark. Which resulted in Ray giving a cry of outrage and smacking him in the back of the head.

A few moments passed, while you kept watching them bicker back and forth. They finally calmed down, both men were now talking about how Peter had a date with Dana this Thursday.

You turned your attention back to the book; Tobin's Spirit Guide. You borrowed the book from Egon about a few days ago.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆.。:*.。.:*☆ ༓・*˚⁺‧

You and him had gone to the New York City Public Library together. Not with the rest of the men, just you and him.

He wanted to go fetch a few books from the occult section in the library. Pulling books down from the full bookshelves—a book that he had grabbed down caught your eye.

It's red cover had a picture of a chained specter, it was rather smaller than most books he had gotten down.

He flipped through the books pages, giving a satisfying grunt while a grin spread on his lips.

Tossing the book aside with on the table with the rest of books. He turned his back to you again, but you pulled yourself out of the chair.

Grabbing the book from the table, you turned to Egon who was still examining the bookshelf.

"Could I borrow this book when your finished with it?" You chimed.

He turned around to look at you, "Yes, of course. Only if you'll help me with researching the haunting in Miss Barrett's apartment." He teased, looking at the book that you were holding.

"Why wouldn't I help?" You chuckled, "I enjoy helping you."

He whipped his head to look at you in the eyes, he opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He scanned to see if you had told him in the joking manner.

Alas, you weren't joking. Which made his heart skip a beat, knowing that instead of doing anything else you'd rather help him.

Egon's lips were partly agape, quizzical look appeared on your face. You waved your hand in front of his face murmuring, "Earth to Egon, are you ok?"

His cheeks reddened slightly, which was a rare sight of seeing him getting flustered. A nervous grin broke out on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

This caused your cheeks to become warm, you coughed looking away from the man.

Finally speaking up, he said, "I'll lend you the book, if you help me research about Zuul."

The awkward tension seemed to fade after he spoke up, which caused a smile to break out on your face, looking up at him he gave you a large smile.

The color on your face darkened, never once before have you seen him give anyone nor you this big of a smile.

͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆.。:*.。.:*☆ ༓・*˚⁺‧

Turning to the next page, you saw several pictures of a dog-like creature. There were two pictures of the Terror Dogs that sat upon the Shandor Building. Although below the pictures, the passage read:

'Zuul, a minion of the god known as Gozer, was worshiped as a demigod by the Sumerians, Mesopotamians and Hittites in 6000 B.C. It was believed the souls of the dead were ruled by Gozer and protected by a powerful Gatekeeper and Keymaster but in order for Gozer to rise up and walk the human plane again, Gatekeeper and Keymaster had to assume the form of beasts.'