1. Birth of the Elder Twins

The chirping of birds, the blooming of flowers, the wind blowing gently bringing peace to all directions, and a clear blue sky surrounding the Earth was what she saw. Nature seemed to tell her that peace existed but she believed no one. How can a person be unhappy in a world without evil? You might ask. What if I told you it was possible. It is possible when evil is felt not seen. When it originates not from one but many. Sita was trying to accept it, accept the fact that she was separated from her husband for the second time, the only thing she ever asked for was not even heard by destiny. Sita mused in her hut, she missed her husband, she missed her sisters, she missed her brothers, she missed her mothers but duty was cold and emotionless, depriving Siyā-Rām of the only thing that they ever wished for, togetherness and solace but interrupting her mind's musings, the ladies of the ashram pay her a visit. "Sita Didi Sita Didi Let's go and pick some lotuses. The river is full of them". There were as always conflicting emotions in her heart her inner voice told her to go and that there is hope her rationale which was too heartbroken told her to sit inside and brood, reminisce on her fate, and connect with herself but she decided to listen to her inner self and go to the river as she also thought that destiny would act on its next ploy." Of course dears, let us go. I am sure we will find some lovely flowers." Sita said with her tight-lipped elder sister-like smile which was warm but at same time fake. Little did she know that there were two bundles of joy that would turn that fake smile into a somewhat-genuine one. 

Thinking this, she went to the river with a basket unbeknownst to what was about to happen next...

***

At the river, they were picking lotuses. Delighful ones, both pink and blue but they saw two lotus buds, one pink and one blue, were acting strange. "Sita Didi! Look" said one of the girls to Sita. "What happened Sudeshna?" asked Sita. The girl took her by the hand and dragged her towards the edge of the river, beneath a banyan tree. "Look these two buds are puffing up!" and as soon as Bhumijā touched them, Lo and Behold! The pink bud bursts open revealing a beautiful girl sitting in it and merely a few seconds after the blue bud bursts open revealing an equally handsome baby boy in it. 

"Oh my Lord! What happened? Who are these kids?" exclaimed Sita in surprise. "They are your children, my dear" said Rishi Valmiki who was watching the entire incident from a distance. "But How Maharishi?" asked Sita bewildered. "Allow me to answer that Maharishi" said the god of the waters, Varuna, appearing before them with the entire Pantheon of Devas who were present for the birth of preservers of justice. Addressing Sita, Jalindranath said, "The twins you see here Sita, are the harbingers of justice. We are approaching the end of Satā, ushering in Dwaparā. This will bring a whole lot of changes some good some bad and they will be here to ensure justice is sustained but for now, there is an Asura, Lavanasurā, he is the son of the pious king Madhu, who through his piety had pleased Lord Shiva and gained a part of his magical trident for the kingdom. This meant that he cannot be killed by any creature born on Earth except them as they are born from the waters. They will have many adventures each posing a new challenge. The will have the best teachers, but their knowledge will be tested. Be prepared Sita because Earth is going to see a new era from today." "Very well then I'll take them as my own. They will be mine and Maharaj's kids but please give them a name." Varun Dev called them Vāruni and Kuvala, Indra Dev called them Satyapriya and Satyasen, Bhumidevi called them Satrupa and Abhimanyu, Devi Saraswati called them Vidya and Atharv, Suryadev called them Abhishree and Aditya and Devguru Brihaspati called them Sampoorna and Abhijay.

Now what about their mother? What she name her newfound children?

Well Sita named her kids Vijayākshi and Mrityunjay

"Now we have the light of our family. These kids will do great things" said Sita gushing over the newfound babies. "Indeed they will Sita, I bless them that they will always be resilient and that they will never loose hope in adversity" said Varuna.

 "To new beginnings" and with that the devas disappeared.

***

In the Palace,

Maharaaj Rām was about to have a dreamless sleep for the first time in 5 months but looks Nidra Devi won't let him have that. In his dreams he saw the birth of the kids, the devas, their destiny, everything. He did not know whether to perceive it as a dream or as a nightmare. He woke up with a start waking his little brother up too. "What happened Bhaiyya?" asked Lakshman with curiosity. "I saw a dream Lakshman. It was very peculiar. I saw Sita picking up to kids from the river and the Gods appearing. What if that is true?" said Rām. "Well Bhaiyya if its true, we will probably see them someday somehow. All that we hope is that they know that this misunderstanding between their parents was intentional but unwilling" (A/N - Perfectly described Pragyuuuu Di) said Lakshman with a broken look. Both the brothers what the slightest expectations cost them so they called that to a stop. "Niyati will never give us peace will it?" said Rām. "No expectations Bhaiyya" said Lakshman. Little did they know what was about to happen in 14 years....

***

A/N

Haashhhhh!

Finally, First Chapter Updated!

Is it good, Is it bad? Too inauthentic? Should I stop? Please tell me in the comments.

Constructive Criticism Appreciated!

Now enough of my overthinking

Meet you all soon, Anuradha