6. A Look to the Other Side

A/N: This chapter is what happened in Madhura during this time. Do let me know if you want more on these character's POV

Trigger Warning: Mentions of violence and r*pe

"In the illustrious palace of Madhura, Madhura Naresh Lavanāsura looked anxious.
He paced anxiously in his wife's chambers waiting for some news, any, be it negative or positive. 
His wife, Maharani Hemavati, our mother, was expecting. He had no family left. He had Lanka Naresh, as a distant cousin but he knew better as a Rākshasa, to even regard him as one. He was a betrayer to their family, their salt. Just as he was thinking, a maid came in with some news. "Mahāraj, the queen has delivered twins. One boy and one girl." Father was ecstatic. He gave the maids jewellery, conducted huge donations and there was a present-day Utopian world at that time....it doesn't even look achievable now and neither is a blissful happy life for me" 

-Prince Achyutā

"Maaaaaaa!!!" I screamed my Lungs out. My mother, the only meaningful constant of our lives, was getting beaten brutally. She was battered, bruised, hanging on the roof and our cruel, merciless Father had made us sit  and watch as in his, oh so glorious view, Betrayers have to die and their death has to be received with no form of remorse. Little did he know that this inherent false impression of betrayal would be the eventual cause of his downfall.

-Princess Madhushree

"Akirā! Akirā!" I had screamed out for my sister. That madman, also known as our father, had taken her. The brutal chapter of our lives had just began, I later realized. After all of that running around the palace at an ungodly hour, me and Bhaiyya finally found her, battered and bruised but alive and safe in our arms, right where she belongs. She looked petrified and she was bleeding. It only indicated one thing, R*pe. On further inquiry, we found out that she thrown to one of Father's trusted guards to be "taught a lesson". We all knew what that meant. Bhaiyya also found out that one of our trusted spies had died trying to save her. 

-Princess Sampriti

I was aghast when I saw Bhaiyya after that incident happened. He and Sampriti Didi were 4 at the time and I and Madhushree were 3. The incident that happened with me was not normal and certainly not alright. I knew that much, but, here I was, witnessing Bhaiyya angrily writing a letter to Vibhishan Chacha. Looks like we are finally going to leave this place.  Our spy went to send the letter in secret. For two days, we waited, without food, without water and then through military intervention, were whisked away to Lanka, not to step foot here for a very long time.

-Princess Akirā

Akirā's POV

We were sitting in our chariot, enroute to Lanka. Every one of us was silent. It felt like we were sitting in a void. The stars witnessed our silence that day, but other than them, there wasn't a single soul in sight. We reached our destination in another two days. 

Vibhishan Chacha was solemn the whole trip. However, all of us knew he was furious at Father for what he did. The whole trip he was upset. He didn't have the courage to speak to us but all of us knew but he was the only guardian that we had. We looked forward for a new life with him as Royals of Lanka. 

Sampriti's POV

Life was finally looking like it will be filled with light. Bhaiyya had told us that one day this day would come. The day when we would we separated from our own birthland. Our mother and a few citizens to whom we owe our lives were the only people who bound us to that land. Other than them, we had no more connections left at all.

Lanka was decorated joyously. It was as if it was receiving new children but this time they were not from the heavens, they were orphans, in all senses, that had been betrayed by their own family.

Trijata Didi and Saramā Chachi received us. She very happily welcomed us into the palace. She treated us as if we were her own siblings although our father never really upheld it the duty of an uncle. The pain was clearly visible in her eyes looking at Akirā. She never expected that a person's father could do this. "We have seen worse." I admitted. The entire family had the ugly claws of guilt on their heart. They for the very first time felt grateful that their ancestors although they had committed atrocities, unbeknownst to anybody, still had the sense of humanity in them.

Madhushree's POV

I felt unfiltered and unflinching pride when I thought of the steps that Bhaiyya took. He is, was and had always been the ideal brother that we were looking for. He always stood by us and tried his utmost best to keep Father's clutches away from us. He always kept us before himself but for the very first had managed give himself the gift of a safety net, also called family to himself.

Bhaiyya stood with a neutral expression. He was happy that we were away from that man, at least tell the time we couldn't defend ourselves. We knew we would have to wage war against our own kin but we didn't have much of a choice. The people, the kingdom and this name had to be liberated. It happened once and now it had to be done again. Everyone felt pride when they looked at him. They knew that he was the right Prince, the ideal Prince for them.

Shouts, flags and flowers graced our vision. For the first time after very long we felt loved, cared and worthy to exist. We knew that the cycle of time never ends and our revenge would be given by the world.

Achyutā's POV

I felt relieved for the first time. "I had done something right." I told myself. The way forward was also looking bright. Lanka had changed drastically, since Vibhishan Chacha took the reins. It was now one of the ideal kingdoms, second to only Ayodhya and Kishikindha, I had heard. 

I met my extended family in very unexplainable circumstances. Father always detested Vibhishan Chacha as he felt that he was the black mark of the family by betraying his kin. We believed him at some point but then we realised that the sense of purpose and the sense of righteousness was always above all. Dharma, as we know it today has always been on of his prime motives for his kingdom and that's what made it excel.

Mandodari Chachi I heard had taken the status of a widow very unkindly at first. However she later accepted that this was destiny and its games. She knew that truth, right and righteousness always have to win. This is what caused Chacha's death although the good things such as his knowledge survives to this day. 

"The crown is in the right hands" she had said. She was still the pristine lady that we knew and loved. She alone had set the foundation of the ideals of righteousness in the Lankan name. Respected her for a struggles she told us to be idealistic, righteous children and that her blessings would always be with us. 

We had ended the day with new found knowledge and a sense of realisation which can be expressed in these words:- 

यतो धर्मः ततो जयः

"Where there is Dharma, there is victory."

A/N: Good Evening People! Finally have gotten some respite from academics. A lot of glorious things happened. I started 10th which has better and way kinder than its predecessor. I have finally gotten time for myself, my friends, Jessi, Pragu Di, everyone now and guess what happened?
VIJAYAKSHI CROSSED 1K READS!!! I couldn't be happier today. Does anyone want a special?

Also, how do you find this writing style? Is it good, bad, ugly? Idk you tell me. 

Finally if anyone wants to get to know anymore about me, just ask away!! I feel like doing a bit of a Q&A session today.

Bye for now

Anuradha