2

The 24 year old Alpha ran towards the direction where the delicate, sweet lavender smell came from.

Just a moment before, his wolf was growling at him to mark his mate as soon as he made eye contact with the Iris Monsoon pack Alpha's son but the latter unexpectedly ran away.

As he's going past through the messy forest, there's one thought in his mind that he could not pushed away.

His mate is a Beta.

Judging by the way the guy didn't immediately submit in a room full of Alphas, it was clear that he wasn't an Omega or by the way his body was leaner, he wasn't an Alpha either.

But before he could start his grief, he heard a river nearby as well as a small muffled sound. The lavender smell is also a lot stronger which mean he's near the newly discovered Beta.

The other probably acknowledged the Alpha's presence there too as the muffling sound stop.

"Hey", the man called out softly, not wanting his supposed to be mate to run away again. "Can I come closer?"

Trust me, he is usually not this soft spoken nor was he patient but since this is the person that was said to be sharing half of his soul with, he can't help but to be a lot gentler.

Especially since this guy is crying after meeting him as well. Was he that bad?

But the other strictly refuse, "N-No, don't go a-anywhere near me", his voice sounded hoarse, most likely that it was from all those crying.

The Alpha just nodded, even though the Beta couldn't see him, and stayed from where he is, not getting an inch closer to his 'mate'.

He didn't know how to approach the subject without making the guy hurt and cry more but he had no choice as he needs to make the matter clear between the two of them.

Whatever relationship they're going to have, he needs to stop it before it could even begin.

"Look, I'm just going to go straight to the point alright?", he started out. "I don't want a Beta as my mate"

There, he said it. But why did that sounds much colder than he intended? And why is he hurting for the guy? Is it because of the soulmate link?

"Really?"

"What do you mean 'Really'?"

There was rustling sound from the other side of the tree he was leaning against, that was until the Beta walked around to his front, meeting him finally.

The Alpha accidentally made an eye contact again with the latter and gosh, he couldn't stop staring into his eyes. It was like something was pulling him in and the Alpha doesn't like that.

The Moon Goddess knew what she was doing when she decided to make him and this guy a pair of fated soulmate.

"Are you serious about not wanting to mate with me?", the guy asked as he broke the eye contact first, pulling the Alpha out of whatever spell he was in.

"I- Yeah, I cannot have a Beta as the pack Luna nor do I even have the time for a Luna"

"Han Jisung"

The Alpha tilted his head in confusion. He just said he doesn't want to be his mate and he still wanted to introduce himself? "Is that.. Your name?", he asked to be sure.

"Yep, that is so you don't have to search for me again nor ask someone about me", the Beta answered instantly. "Don't worry I won't-"

But his sentence was cut off when the other speak up again, "I wasn't finished"