10

"Are you okay now?"

The Beta glared at the older Alpha with pure hatred, as if he was a joke. "Why would you care? Haven't you caused enough for me?", he scoffed, continue ignoring him then.

"I'm sorry alright? I just-"

"Couldn't help it? Yeah I know, you have said that many times hyung"

Minho smiled apologetically and tried to scoot closer to the younger, only for him to scoot further away. "Han Jisung~ I said I'm sorry!", he tried again.

"Sorry doesn't cut it hyung", Jisung turned towards him. "I have a lot going on for me but humility SHOULDN'T BE one of them"

They both stared at each other after, but the younger could see the way the corner of Minho's lips was curling upwards, seemingly trying his best to hide his smile from him.

Jisung rolled his eyes and huffed, feeling even more dejected once the older actually burst out laughing. "I'm sor- HAHAHAHA!"

"It's not funny!"

"I can't- HAHAHAHA- I'm sorr-"

"HYUNG! STOPPP!"

Minho wiped the tears out of his eyes from laughing too much, still out of breath. "I'm s-sorry but it was funny!", the older exclaimed, remembering what happened earlier.

"If you're me, you wouldn't think that it's funny..", the Beta said grudgingly, sulking as he eats his cheesecake that the Alpha bought as a compensation for laughing at him.

The Alpha cooed and patted his head as if he was petting a cat. "You are such an idiot", giggled him. Seeing the pout on Jisung's face, he couldn't stop smiling at the younger.

Other people who has been observing them in the bakery probably wonder what happened and what did that normal looking Beta do for their future pack Alpha to have a reaction like that?

Well, a bitterly funny story actually, and it was all because of that same Alpha named Lee Minho, who was supposed to be doing his duty task.

Jisung was walking behind the older as he watched how professional and serious he looks when he's performing his duty as the future pack Alpha.

Jisung could even describe Minho as a charismatic prince that made his heart fluttered even.

The way the older frowned when he's focusing on something to the way his sharp eyes glanced back at him from time to time to make sure that Jisung is still with him.

His subtle caring gestures such as holding out his hand to the back discreetly whenever he felt like Jisung was struggling to catch up with him or the time when he just did it obviously, not giving the others' glances a single care.

Which made the Beta wondered, what about Minho hyung's fiancé?

Acting like he was willing to sacrifice everything for the Beta, he was almost fooled that the Alpha have a significant other that he would choose to protect over him anytime.

Was Jisung really that gullible? For him to wanting to believe a plain lie than a clearly told truth? Had his father been right all these times?

He always turned a blind eye towards what he thought as the causes of his pain. Like the truth of his mother for example.

Jisung used to think that his mother was abused and forced under his father's hands.

But after finding out that those two were soulmates, that's the moment of his broken trust towards the Moon Goddess started. 

She, who people look up to, had disappointed the young soul. Full of hopes and dreams, being slapped by the buried truth along with the little boy's mother woke him up from the brief sleep instantly.