15 : I

Jisung ran as if he was running for his life. His breaths were cut short as he gasps for air each step he took.

This was what he should've done a week ago. This should've been the purpose of his living.

How could he think of avenging his mother, protecting her name and the position that doesn't matter anymore, if he could not even appreciate the people who are still breathing around him?

He was too focus on getting revenge by himself as his mother's only son, too blinded even, to notice the hand that was willing to take him out of this darkness that had been surrounding him for a long time.

This hell which supposed to be a home for him was the begining line of his trauma.

All the insults and pains he consumed as a child made him stronger than most, but how come he couldn't afford to use this strength of his to do the right thing?

How did he messed up everytime?

What went wrong? What did he do that turned his whole life upside down?

All he ever wanted was to get out of this soul-crushing place, but how did he manage to fall deeper into this mess?

There was never a light for him to follow, no hands to hold his nor a voice to guide him.

But then Lee Minho appeared.

A light, a hand and a voice to lead him came all at once. There was the chance of him being freed right under his nose but he failed to follow those guidance and yet again, stray away.

All because he couldn't let himself be happy without the truths.

What he failed to realize was; not every truth needed to come out, some of them just better stay hidden.

But he was a gullible child who believes that the truth is needed for the better of things and so he was determined to uncover it.

This led him away from the lie that could've been his happiness instead of the truth that kept hunting him in this miserable place.

However, Jisung is not a child now. He is an adult who could think for himself and made a decision for himself, the BEST decision.

So why did he ruined it for himself for some uncertain outcomes?

A truth could ruin the lie but a lie could never ruin the truth.

What is the truth will stay the truth, no lie could ruin it since it's the truth. Even if Jisung doesn't know about it, it doesn't change anything.

Something that had happened need to be let go. The past is the past.

There's a reason why we always look forward to the future, because it is something that we could change.

Something uncertain that determine the best or the worst of us.

So why would Jisung want something that could be the worst for him? Why would he let go of this chance of being happy again? That is something only a fool would do.

And this Han Jisung is not a fool no more.

How did we not realize that we are the main characters of our story...

"Wait! Where are you going?", yelled the person following closely behind. "Didn't you hear? I'm chasing after what is right for me", he replied.

"And what exactly is right for you Minho? Leaving the pack that you worked so hard for behind for some-"

Before the other guy could finish his sentence, he was being threatened with the collar of his shirt in Minho's grip. "Bang Christopher Chan"

The future pack Alpha glared through the older's skull, making him shivered all over. "My last warning Bang, don't fucking test me", Minho gritted his teeth, showing displeasure all over his face.

"H-Han Jisung was it? Is he the reason why you became mad like this?"

"No, he's the reason why I'm still sane"

Chan sighed, knowing there's no way out of this conversation through the way he wanted so he asks, "Do you like him because it's him?", to the younger.

"What-"

"Or do you only like him because he is your mate?"

Minho blinked. Once and twice, yet he still doesn't understand the point of this sudden question.

"Does it matter?", he retorted, trying to calm his wavering heart. Why did the beat of his heart suddenly fasten?

Yeah, does it matter why he likes the beta? As long as he is sure of his feelings and knows that he can treat the other right, it doesn't matter.

He knows it. He is confident in his perception of things.

You could ask him anything and he would be more than willing to correct you on things you are wrong about.

He stood still by his belief.

But why won't these words pass through his lips? As if someone casted a spell on him, he kept opening and closing his mouth, unable to pinpoint his reasons.

"You're fooling him"

"I'm not"

"You've been lying to him Minho.."

The younger Alpha furrowed his eyebrows together in frustration, "I said I'M NOT!", he exclaimed.

"...It was just your instict as an Alpha..", Chan looks at him with pity in his eyes. Oh how the younger looks so bewildered in this moment of realization. "You don't actually like him romantically do you?"

This is no time for jokes nor is it funny.

No, I like Han Jisung, no one can change that, I really really like-, his anxious train of thoughts however, was cut by someone else.

"Who don't you like romantically?"

Both Chan and Minho whipped their heads towards the owner of the voice, and much to the future pack Alpha's dismay, "Alpha Han?"

The older man gave Minho a specifically strict stare. If he didn't know better, he would've growled at the man to show dominance but this is his 'mate's' father so he needs to keep himself in check.

"I wasn't notified of your arrival", the younger Alpha pointed, sensing something's off about the other.

And to this, the older man just gave him a grin, "Then I would like to apologize for the sudden interruption, it seems that this old man have gotten so old to the point of forgetting something as big as this", he replied.

Minho looks straight into the man's eyes, wanting to knock off that (hideous) grin of his.

"But I'm sure young Alpha Lee is kind enough to let me off this time, isn't he?", continuing as a wicked smile grew on his face.

It ticked Minho off. What is this man planning here?, he wondered to himself.

"I'm not sure if I'm following what you're-"

"He wouldn't want to upset his little lover now, would he? I'm the little lover's father after all.."

How pathetic son, even this 'mate' of yours doesn't want you - Alpha Han

The thunderous steps in the woods suddenly came to a halt. "..What..?", whispered the Beta to himself, refusing to believe the mind link shared with his father.

He didn't even consider that a possibility.

There's also a chance that Minho wouldn't want to see him now of course, after a week of being away from each other.

What if the Alpha thinks that he's a bother now?

What if he got tired of the Beta?

What should he do..? How did a simple unjustified words shook him up this much?

What should he believes in?

Should he.. Continue this journey or not?