7 : I

Life has always been a living obstacle for him, but now with the pain from the beating a few days ago that still hasn't lessen up, life is hell. 

At first, it wasn't so bad, the pain was still bearable. It got worse when the bruises started to swell which made his every moves felt as if he was being smackdown by a log.

All he wanted to do was to lay down but even that manage to ache somehow!

"I told you to stay quiet, now you're suffering the consequences..", his older brother sighed as he replaced the bandage on his face.

The injuries were probably much better than Haneul's constant lectures and nagging. The older has not left his side to nurse him, but instead of feeling better, Jisung felt even worse.

He was supposed to comfort, spread love and baby him at time like this, not going off about how Jisung was such a pain in the ass and that his laser mouth was the one that got him in this situation.

"That was the fourth time you said that hyung, when will you just drop it?"

Hearing the younger's whining, Haneul scoffed and purposely dabbed the antiseptic roughly to shut the boy up. "AH! Hyung, that hurts!", Jisung yelped.

"See? You couldn't even handle this little sting and yet you still dared to go against our father?", said the older one.

Jisung huffed and rolled his eyes to that. "You mean YOUR father? Because I won't claim that man as my father", he grumbled.

Although he and Haneul has always had a steady siblings relationship despite having different moms, Jisung couldn't help but to feel the jealousy burning inside of him whenever he saw how nice and gentle his father treats his brother.

Not only did his mom passed away, he also doesn't have any siblings from the same mom unlike Haneul and his older step sister, Haeun.

Growing up with many restrictions for him and the two, the Beta always spent his time alone, searching for anyone that was willing to befriend him.

Thus the reason why he had accidentally associate himself with the wrong group of friends when he was younger that made him turn into the rebel Han Jisung everyone in the pack acknowledges. 

"Jisung..", the older sent him a warning glare, signaling him to behave himself since their father's men are just right outside the room.

Haneul patched him up completely after some time and turned to him, face and gestures were all serious looking. "I think I told you specifically not to say anything that will anger him before meeting him", he started nagging again.

"Why did you have to be yourself at a time like that?"

"Because I want to, why would I lose myself just for that old, greasy man?"

"Han Jisung, you-"

But before he could finish his sentence, Jisung cut him off, "Okay, I'm not gonna stand here and listen to you accusing me of things I clearly did!"

Haneul looked at his younger brother like he was still processing the words he said, just to decide in the end that he won't argue with the boy further because it would just bring more bad than goods.

He slapped the bruised spot on the younger's lap intentionally, making the other yelp in pain again, "AH! HAN HANEUL!", only to be ridiculed by him once more instead.

"I'm the hyung you fool", the older one laughed, walking off before Jisung could have the chance to chase after him, which probably wouldn't happen anytime soon due to his injuries.

The Beta slumped down on his bed, giving up on trying to stand and sulked alone.

He is still in his grounded era so he cannot go out nor he can see his friends. The only thing he could do inside his room these days is imagining a better life than this.