Brandon Sutter

Soft snores escape from Brandon, his eyes closed and body relaxed. I stare at him in mesmerization, in awe of his peaceful beauty. How could someone look so beautiful, just as they're sleeping?

I lay next to Brandon in our bed, a soft glow spreading around the room from the television. The clock reads 4:18 a.m., but I have yet to fall back asleep.

I woke up at nearly three, but my insomnia is too strong for me to take control over. I haven't slept well in the past week, my lack of sleep preventing me from attending work.

I turn onto my right side, hoping that this position will make me feel comfortable enough to drift to sleep. I move closer to Brandon, knowing if he feels me next to him, he'll wrap his arms around my waist.

Soon enough, he does as I'd predicted, pulling my body closer to his. His face goes into the crook of my neck, placing a gentle kiss just below my ear.

"Can't sleep?" He guesses for the fifth time this past week, and is unfortunately correct again.

I shake my head, too frustrated with myself to even speak. I need to begin to catch up on my sleep if I ever want to go back to work. My body tenses at the thought of all my work that I've fallen behind on.

"Please don't stress, baby. Everything will be better, I promise." He attempts to assure me, but my mind believes differently. He always makes me feel better with his kind words, but I know how busy I will be when I return to work again.

"Turn around." He tells me while moving my arm towards him, trying to make me face him.

As we lay face to face, he lifts my chin up with his finger and looks at me. We say nothing, but I know that he's trying to make me feel better.

I stare at his lips, so torturous. He slowly leans down, taking every second he can, and eventually places his lips onto mine.

"Now can you go to sleep?" He asks.

I nod and he engulfs me into a hug, making me slowly fall asleep in his loving arms.