Jacob De La Rose

I snuggle deeper into Jacob's side, pulling the blanket over both of us. I close my eyes again, hoping to fall back to sleep with Jacob's warmth relaxing me. I can always fall asleep so fast with him here in bed with me. Something about him relaxes me and I can't help but smile to myself at how lucky I am to have him here with me. But just as I am about to fall asleep, Jacob lets out a loud and hard cough, abruptly waking me.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, placing my hand on his chest. Although it's dark, I can still see the outline of his face as he nods his head. His actions betray him as he coughs again, but this coughing fit lasts for a minute or two.

I get out of bed and walk down to the kitchen, grabbing him some water. Once I get back into the bedroom I hand the glass to him and he drinks some of it.

"Thank you." He groggily says, putting the water on the table next to our bed.

"Are you sick?" I get back into bed next to him, replacing the covers over both of us.

"Sort of." He says with caution.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could have been taking care of you." I explain to him.

Tonight was our first night together since he's been gone. He left for a week and a half and didn't tell me about his cold, most likely because he didn't want me to be concerned about him. As his girlfriend, it's my job to be worried about him - even if it's the smallest of things.

"I knew you would worry about me, but trust me I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine... Let me go get you some medicine." I walk back down the stairs to retrieve the medicine.

I hand him the medicine and he takes it, laying back down to go to sleep. I lay down next to him and rest my head on his chest. He glides his hand up and down my back, almost as if to comfort me about worrying about him.

"I don't want you to catch it." He tries to reason with me.

"I don't care if I catch your cold or not, I want to be with you and I want to take care of you." He sighs, knowing that he'll never win.

We fall back asleep and Jacob has some more coughing fits during the night and I wake up for each one of them.

The next few days are spent laying in bed with endless movies and a lot of soup.

"I actually liked that movie. Even though it was a chick-flick, it was really good." He says, laughing a little.

"See, I told you that you'd like it." I peck him on the cheek and go to replace the movie with another one and sit next to him again.

"I can't wait until the day I can call you my wife." He randomly says. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into him. He kisses my forehead, his lips lingering there for a few moments.

"You want to marry me?"

"You always take care of me, (Y/N). I know that you love me in the same way that I love you and I don't ever want to let you go, so of course I want to marry you."

I sit up slightly and kiss him. It isn't before long until he kisses me back and places his hands on my waist.

"I'm sick! You shouldn't be kissing me, you'll get sick too!" He shouts in realization.

"I don't care." I laugh and pull him back down to me, kissing him more.

A few more days have passed and now I'm sick, but I have Jacob to take care of me.

Exactly a year after that, Jacob gets down on one knee and proposes to me in our favorite restaurant. I gladly answer yes to his question and our wedding planning begins.

"I told you that I wanted to marry you." He says matter-of-factly, smiling down at me as I admire my engagement ring. I knew that day that he told me that he wanted to marry me, he would fulfill his wishes and buy me a ring, getting down on one knee and confessing his love for me. And that's exactly what he did.