Chapter 14: Epilogue

The following day, after Tom's truck was repaired, Tom and Maddie were in the middle of fixing up their house.

"You sure you got enough there?" Tom asked, jokingly almost getting Maddie with his paint roller, getting a small chuckle out of her

Just then, they herd some knocking on the front door. So, they set their paint tools down and walk over to the door. When they opened the door, they were surprised to see that it was the general(The one from around when Robotnik was first hired).

"Mr. and Mrs. Wachowski." The general comments

"Yes??" Tom responds

The general reached into his suit and handed Tom an envelope.

"A bit of a token of appreciation from your government about keeping quiet about the recent events." The general responds

Tom looked at the envelope and was a bit confused yet excited.

"Wonder what it is." Tom comments

"I'm hoping it's money to fix the house." Maddie saysa

"Oh, on that topic." The general starts, clapping his hands

A couple of soldiers brought a massive check and handed it to them carefully. It was a check for around 20,000 bucks, enough to fix the house and still have some to spare.

"Wow!" Tom comments, impressed as he set it carefully down. "So I guess I could have the GHPD close our file on that Robotnik guy, huh? He sorta just vanished."

"As long as you continue to keep quiet, do what you please about your police department's knowledge of him." The general comments

"Okay." Tom comments, setting the envelope down

The soldiers that handed the check to the two then walked back to the SUV they were standing by.

"By any chance, have you two been in contact with a blue colored space creatures recently?" The general asks

The two looked at each other before realizing who the general meant.

"Oh, you mean the little blue guy?" Tom comments. "No, haven't seen them for a while. Doubt we'll hear from him again for a while."

The general nodded before walking off after closing the door, Tom finally opening the letter and it was a bit of a 'Thank you' letter from the President of Hoenn considering some of the damage Robotnik did to Hoenn during the world wide chase, adn a gift card for a world wide french restaurant chain.

"hm. guess he ended up going across Hoenn when chased by Robotnik." Tom comments, setting the stuff down for later usage. "Heard that restaurant chain is pretty good, too."

Sonic poked his head up over the couch and asked, "So, you guys wanna watch a movie or what?"

"Sorry, bud, it's a school night. Time to head back to your cave." Maddie says

"What?? But it's 3 in the afternoon!" Sonic responds

"You know how you get when you're tired. Come on." Tom said, gesturing to the attic stairs before noticing Sonic heading for the front door. "Hey, where are you going?"

"You said Ii had to go back to my cave." Sonic responds

"We did." Tom said, looking at Maddie before the two both opened the attic stairs

When going up into the attic, it was a beautiful and lovely sight for Sonic. Everything from his old cave had gotten moved from the old cave and placed around the attic as if this was now a bedroom.