4

Waking up in a tangled messed of limbs was something Miranda now was going to have to get used to. She had been sleeping alone and got used to it, but this, it was nice. Her head was on his bare chest, he must have taken his shirt off when he got hot. The slow rising and falling of his chest was comforting and made her want to fall back to sleep.

Ben had one hand on her thigh and their legs were tangled together. Miranda ran her fingers across his muscular defined chest and she reached down to his abs and rubbed across almost like a wash board.

"You're just having the time of your life exploring. Can I explore you like that?" Ben chuckled and Miranda jumped snatching her hand up. "Sorry." She blurted.

"You're completely fine Miranda, touch away." Ben responded smiling.

"Good morning husband." Miranda greeted.

"Good morning wife." Ben greeted back rolling over to face her.

He placed his lips on hers and gave her a soft kiss. "What do you want for breakfast?" Ben asked sitting up grabbing the room service menu off the night stand.

"Waffles, scramble eggs and bacon. With a mimosa and cranberry juice."

Miranda got up to wash her face and brush her teeth. She came out and Ben walked pass her to go in.

Miranda grabbed her phone when it rung and she saw Tucker's name.

"Hey." Miranda greeted.

"Hey, Tuck was asking for you so I told him I would call you."

"Aww thank you. Put him on." Miranda said.

"Mommy."

"Aww hi baby. How's my little man."

"Good, I got a new car." Tuck said excitedly.

"Oh, you did, what color?" Miranda asked enthusiastically.

"Red." Tuck responded.

"That's so nice." Miranda said and they continued to talk more until Tucker said he was dropping him off at daycare.

Miranda hung up just as the room service knocked on the door.

Miranda walked to open it up and let them bring their food in. "Thank you." Miranda praised as they left out.

She brought their food over to the bed and sat her food in her lap.

"21 questions." Miranda said looking at him. She turned in the bed and watched as he turned too. They were now both facing each other in the middle of the bed with their food in their laps.

"Okay ladies first." Ben encouraged.

"What's your family like?"

"My family really is just me, my brother, my dad and my mom. My father was in the military so we moved around a lot but we were close. We still have dinner on Sundays like every other month and holidays we try to come together if I'm not working. What about yours?"

"I'm an only child. My family lives in Boston. When I lived there we were close but I moved here after med school." Miranda answered.

"What are you irrationally afraid of?" Ben asked.

"Spiders and I don't believe it's irrational. It's a phobia." Miranda laughed pointedly. "Tell me yours."

"Uh actually it's fire. It's one of my worse nightmares." Ben said honestly and Miranda nodded.

"I know you didn't get to pick me. So do you have a type?" Miranda asked.

"I don't think I really have a type but I know I did pick you."

"You did?"

"Yeah, I told them I was looking for a strong woman, a woman who didn't need a man but wanted one. I wanted someone who was intelligent and confident and I specifically wanted someone short." Ben explained.

Miranda eyes widen because that did sound like her. "I specifically asked for a brown skin tall man. That was kind and charming and I think you’re living up to those standards but then again it's only day two."

"What's you favorite time of year?"

"I don't really have one." Miranda answered

"Huh, why not? I thought you would have said fall, for Thanksgiving, or winter for Christmas and valentine's day."

"None of those are spectacular to me. It's just a day. My family lives elsewhere. So I pretty much go solo and I'm at work all the time so it really is just a work day, with more work because people are idiots." Miranda answered honestly.

"I'll fix that." Ben said confidently. “my favorite time of year is fall. Halloween, Thanksgiving, leaves change, hot coco, cookies and movies.

"What hobbies do you have?" Miranda asked

"Crossword, reading, golf, boxing, basketball, running, gym, and different type of activities. You?"

"Reading, I love sci-fi, I'm a big nerd and sometimes writing, painting or drawing. I don't have time for much of it."

"What's your cup size." Ben asked.

Miranda's eyes widen as she choked on her cranberry juice "Sorry, that was suppose to be in my head." Ben said sheepishly.

"36 DD." Miranda answered.

Ben looked down at her breast in the white night gown and he stared.

Miranda blushed again, she never had anyone just openly ogle her, not even her ex husband.

Miranda moved and took his spoon taking a spoonful of his grits and eating them. She handed Ben his spoon and they continued talking until it was time for them to get dress and off to the airport.

It was a long 7-hour flight but they finally touched down. Because they were 3 hours ahead of them it was 5:30 in the afternoon.

They checked into their hotel and Miranda walked and look around. The camera crew followed them inside as well. It was really beautiful. They could see the beach from the glass doors of the balcony. "This is beautiful." Miranda marveled.

"Yeah the sight is beautiful." Ben admired.

Miranda turned to see he wasn't even looking out at the balcony but at her.

"I'm talking about the beach."

"And I'm talking about you." Ben clarified playfully.

"What do you want to do first?" Ben asked.

"Unpack first, then I need about an hour nap and then we can go walk the beach, eat dinner outdoors or something." Miranda said thinking.

"Sounds like a plan." 

Two hours later the couple found themselves eating at a beach restaurant that had many gazebo lights, a stage filled with dancers and men tossing flames around. Miranda ate her salmon and salad as she sat across from Ben.

"So tell me about your son." Ben said eating his stuffed lobster.

" he's a very active four year old. He loves car, action figures, and dinosaurs. He also like the army men but he can't have those anymore since he likes to flush him down the toilet. He's very much everything that a young boy is. He's potty trained but sometimes thinks it's okay to pee where he sees fit. He started doing that after his father moved out when we separated but he's getting back on the right track. "

"May I ask what happened between you two."

"We grew apart really. It wasn't a matter of if he loved me because he did. He was just in love with the young woman in her 20s that didn't have the time consuming career. He wanted that girl that made it home on time for dinner and holidays and I couldn't give him that girl because that wasn't what I was anymore. I had the career of my dreams that I worked my ass off for. It was my dream and that wasn't his. His dream and expectations were that of a wife who could have many kids, have dinner on the stove at 5 and sex by 9. So when it came down to the ultimatum. I chose my job and I'm better for it. He loved the old Miranda and not me in the present, so it was best to end it. He wasn't man enough for me."

"Oh wow and when did you all get married ?"

"I was 18."

"Mhmm."

"What?"

"Did he not expect you to become the surgeon you wanted to be? All that the time you were in med school. What did he think was going to happen?"

"I don't even know honestly. I know he didn't ever expect me to make it. I moved out to Seattle first. He didn't want to make the move with me "just incase I didn't make it." I don't think he believed in me and when it became real, he couldn't handle it.

"Dam" Ben said listening.

"I know right. So tell me Mr. Warren were you a player and got all the girls?" Miranda asked teasingly.

"Uh my college days I was getting around." Ben answered honestly.

"I don't believe you. You don't seem like the type. I mean you could because you look like one of those football and basketball players but your personality says other wise to me."

"Yeah I was." Ben replied laughing.

"Like hoeing?"

"Uh yeah if that's what you want to call it. I slept with women. I even slept with a girl and her roommate. Not at the same time though."

"Dam. Here I am, only been with one man."

"He's the only man you ever been with to this day?" Ben asked seriously.

"Yeah. The only one."

"Wow." Ben said shocked.

"How many men would you have thought."

"I wouldn't have thought it was many but dam you just look so good, like after your divorce I would have thought you would have had men lined up."

"And that would have been okay with you?" Miranda asked seriously.

"I don't know why it's a stigma with women having sex. Us men have slept with dozen of women but then think that women are suppose to be virgins. That's stupid. Women deserve pleasure and a chance to figure out what they like and everything else but how can they do that if we don't allow them to explore. I'm not saying just go out here and sleep with anyone all willy nilly but yes it's okay to have sex with men. Well not you."

"Not me?"

"Well yeah you're married to me so."

"I knew that." Miranda blushed.

"Don't worry I'll show you everything you need to know and anything you want to try we will."

"How do you know I haven't tried things or I don't know things." Miranda huffed.

"You just told me you were with one man since you were 18. I'm sure whatever worked for him worked for you." Ben answered. "Have you even used toys to figure out your own body ever?"

"Uh uh." Miranda answered.

"Now I'm really sure." Ben smirked. He was curious now to see her try to things and reach new heights.

" you seem very sure that we will make it that far in our relationship. You don't think we might end up as just friends or worse just divorced and no longer talking."

"I'm not sure what the future holds but I do know that I will work with you, accommodate you. Fight for you. We will make this work because it was our decision to get married. " Ben told her as he sipped his drink.

"I agree and I will work with you and accommodate you the best I can. I'm telling you up front. That I will forget stuff and won't make it to some things because it's still so much I want to do and be-

"I work a lot too. I mean not as much as you. I understand that you have a kick ass career. It's not like you are going to be partying instead of being with me. You are working creating the lifestyle and legacy that you want and it's honestly fascinating and sexy. Just the thought. I have a wife that is a general surgeon. It's amazing." Ben assured her.

"How do you always know the right things to say." Miranda inquired amazed at his thoughtfulness.

"You bring it out of me." Ben responded swiftly.

"See." Miranda said smiling.
"So what made you want to settle down?"

"Uh I mean, I've lived my 20s like a regular college boy, I popped bottles, went clubbing, slept around, blown through money but that time is over. I want something real, something lasting. A foundation. I have a home but I wanted a home in the heart of a woman. Someone I share goals and accomplishments with. I wanted love, true unconditional love and I was down for the hard, the easy and everything that comes with it." Ben answered

Miranda nodded listening. Ben was so captivating and intense.

"Dance with me." Ben said standing looking at the other people who danced.

"Uh, Ben. " Miranda gasped looking around.

Ben stood with his hand out to her. Miranda exhaled and placed her hand in his looking at his bright smile. He pulled her into him as they moved together in sync. Her hips swayed side to side. She hung her hands around his neck and moved with him as she looked into his eyes.

Miranda loved this it was so new yet so familiar. She was in paradise.

They danced for a while just lost in the feel before they decided to go walking down the beach.

Ben held Miranda's heels in his left hand and her hand in his right. Miranda hummed to no sung in particular but Ben was caught in a trance.

Miranda stopped humming and was silent. "Keep going." Ben encouraged.

Miranda looked over and up at him. She smiled before she began to sing the first song that popped in her. Ben knew the song but couldn't place the name. He knew it was Lauren Hill.

He listened as she sung and he was amazed. Yet again everything about her was so beautiful.

They walked around just enjoying each other's presence before they went back to their hotel. Miranda took her shower and she changed into another night gown with this one being black and lacy.

She walked out and set on the bed pulling her book out to read. "That's all the filming you all are going to get tonight. Thank you. " Miranda said sweetly and watched them leave.

Miranda looked up as Ben came out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around his waist. "Sorry I forgot my clothes." Ben said and Miranda nodded.

"It's fine. I'm reading my book so do as you please." Miranda told him putting her head down to start reading again.

Ben moved to the dresser drawer and Miranda looked up from her book. She watched him as he pulled clothes out of the drawer. The water dripped down his neck. She had to calm her self because she knew he was naked under that towel.

The more he moved around the more she stared. When turned back towards the bed she snapped her head down back to her book but then slowly looked back up as he was busy looking in his bag for something.

Miranda's nipples were hard now from just looking. He made her tingle all over and he did absolutely nothing. It was strange the strong attraction she had for this man. Somewhat stranger.

Miranda closed her book and slid off the bed. She needed a glass of cold water to calm herself. She placed her eyes on the floor, trying to advert his body all together.

Miranda looked up as she bumped right into him instead of going around him. She almost fell back but was caught by him. "Sorry I wasn't paying attention." Miranda apologized and looked up at him as he steadied her on her feet.

"It's okay." Ben said staring at her breast. Miranda looked down at them too and she could clearly see her nipples through the thin material of her bra.

"I uh was going to get some water." Miranda stated and Ben nodded with a smirk. "Mmm-hmm." He nodded before pulling her closer to him and pressing his lips against hers. Miranda swore she would never get tired of it. It was exhilarating. She reached her hands up and wrapped them around his neck pushing herself into him before moving her hands to the sides of his face as they moved their mouths together. His tongue dipped into her mouth and swiped against hers, they began swiping it back and forth tasting each other.

Ben pushed Miranda back until the back of her knees hit the bed and they eased down on the bed together still connected. Miranda could feel his hard on pushing against his towel and hitting her right in the center making her moan at the feel and wrap her legs around his waist. The towel was slipping off his waist as they continued kissing. Ben kissed behind her ear and down her neck and Miranda moaned loudly as he kissed the spot that made her flow like a river.

"Wait." Ben said against her lips.

"What?" Miranda sighed peppering his jaw with kisses.

"We can't. Not this soon." Ben said and Miranda took her mouth off of him and looked up into his eyes.

"You're right." She sighed and watched as he sat up tightening his towel on his waist.

Ben looked at her. Her night gown bunched up at her waist and her red lace panties were on display with a distinctive wet spot.

Ben licked his lips. "Well this dam sure isn't going to help with you licking your lips, acting like you're looking at the best dessert you've seen."

"That's because it is." Ben countered and laughed as she threw the pillow at him. "Go put some clothes on." Miranda huffed and he laughed again going to change.

The couple spent their time in the Bahamas getting to know one another. They went snorkeling, on boat rides, hiking, dancing and sight seeing, as their days came to a close, it was now time for them to function as a couple back in Seattle.