12

"Hey Dr. Bailey." Ben greeted as she walked out of a patient's room.

"Dr. Warren." Miranda greeted with a smile.

"You like it here so far?" Miranda asked.

"Yeah the people are nice I’m not gonna lie. I had a better parking spot at mercy west." Ben chuckled.

"Ahh so do the cons out weigh the pros?"

"I'm working with you." Ben stated.

"And that is a -

"A pro of course. The biggest Pro that over shadows everything else."

Miranda smiled and chuckled a  little. "You definitely made my work day better just seeing you." Miranda told him and Ben pulled her into a hug kissing her lips. Miranda kissed him back before breaking apart.

"Mmmm- no PDA at work." Miranda said.

"Huh really? still?... they know you are married."

"Yes, you can't kiss me at work, or look at me with the I've seen you naked eyes. What happens in our bedroom stays in the bed room." Miranda voiced trying to sound stern.

"Fine if you insist." Ben replied.

"Okay I have to go down to the pit with my residents. So I will see you later...oh and Meredith and Derek are throwing a dinner tonight and would love for us to be in attendance." Miranda told him looking into his eyes.

"Sounds like a plan do I need to get anything to bring?"

"We can stop and get wine and maybe some kind of dessert."

"Alright see you later." Ben smiled holding her hand and rubbing it back and forth.

That same night,  Miranda and Ben were standing on the porch of Meredith's and Derek's house.

"Hey come on in." Derek said greeting Miranda and Ben

"We brought wine and a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing." Miranda said handing him the two items.

Ben helped Miranda removed her coat and Meredith came and took them to the closet to be hung.

"Hey everyone." Miranda greeted walking into the dining room.

"Hey." Ben spoke looking around.

"Uh I know I didn't officially introduce Ben to some of you. So I would like for you all to meet my husband Dr. Benjamin Warren."

"Hi." Lexi chimed followed by others.
Ben pulled out Miranda's chair before taking a seat beside her.

"So Warren how do you like working at sgmw?" Meredith asked.

"Uh it's great, different from Mercy West but I'm adjusting well. You all are more established, well running and organized. Plus I love just being around my wife."

"I like that too honey." Miranda responded kissing his cheek.

Everyone began to eat and talk back and forth and Miranda could actually say she enjoyed the night.

A week later, Miranda was walking into the lobby to meet Ben, so they could go home for the night.

She looked around as he talked to this woman and they seemed to be very cozy.

Miranda stood for a second and watched them talk, the woman was very handsy and kept touching his shoulders and they were laughing, too much for her liking.

Miranda walked over and she stood by them but they were too engaged in their conversation to even notice she was standing there.

She looked at the long straight hair the woman had and how tall she was and then looked to her sappy ass husband.

They were talking about a basket ball game, very consumed in their conversation.

"I'm ready to go." Miranda voiced loudly and the two finally noticed her.

"Aww hey baby." Ben stopped, leaning over to give her a kiss on the cheek but she grabbed his chin and kissed his lips. Ben looked at her strangely, just last week she said no PDA.

Miranda stared at the woman as she slid her hand in Ben's.

"Oh this is Kristen. Yeah I just met her in the lobby. Kristen this is my wife Dr. Miranda Bailey"

"Hi its nice to meet you. Yeah I was just asking him for the game updates of tonight because I wasn't home and then it dawned on me that I seen him on TV." Kristen laughed.

"Oh." Miranda said dryly. It was just something about this girl that she did not like, besides the fact that she had a thing for her husband.

It was the woman's eyes that made her get a bad feeling. Her eyes told her that she took what ever she wanted.

"Um anyway. It was nice meeting you, have a great night." Ben told her.

"Nice meeting you too. Thanks for the updates. You and your wife have a nice night." Kristen said.

"You ready?" Ben asked Miranda.

"I've been ready." Miranda snapped turning on her heel to walk out of the door.

When they reached the car Ben opened her door and then got in and started driving.

"Miranda you're quiet." Ben voiced.

"Because I have nothing to say Benjamin."

"Miranda I was just updating her on the score of the game."

"What person asks a random stranger about a score on a basket ball game. She didn't have her own phone?...Benjamin do you know that woman and is lying to me." Miranda snapped.

"Miranda I don't know that girl. I was talking with Jackson in the lobby about the game and I said out loud that I was going to check the score and she over heard. No more no less." Ben assured her.

"No it was more. She was touching you like she was me. What the hell was that? How did you even allow that?"

"Miranda some people when they laugh hit other people obnoxiously. I didn't think anything of it and no she doesn’t touch me like you." Ben replied.

"Whatever." Miranda replied rolling her eyes.

April quickly came and today was Easter.

Ben was practically beaming when he showed off the egg coloring kits he had.

"We're not just going to have the regular colors." Ben promised Tuck. "I found dyes that will gives us very bright and bold colors, neon, metallic and sparkle. We are going to have the biggest variety of eggs ever!"

"Babe" Miranda began with concern. "I am really glad you are planning fun activities for the kids. But don't you think that will be too many eggs for just 3 three children?"

"3? " Ben questioned.

"Yeah Sofia, Tuck and Zola."

"The adults not hiding eggs can participate too, plus they need to help their kids look" Ben defended. "And I invited 4 more kids from Tuck's school."

"Oh why didn't you tell me that." Miranda asked offended.

"I'm sorry baby it slipped my mind. This was our first time having all our co workers over. I just got really excited and I figured we needed other kids to join the fun. We won't need them once we have our own."

"Our own?...you want kids Ben?"
"Well yeah ad least two. Boy and a girl or however they come "

Miranda looked at him and smiled. She never thought of starting a family with Ben but it was a beautiful thing and she could see two kids running around with their faces, something that their love made together.

"How about this, after this year is up. We will wait 6 months and if we are ready, we can plan for and make babies."

" deal." Ben smiled kissing her cheek.

Painting eggs turned into painting them. By the time half the eggs had been painted, Tuck and Ben were splattered in various colors. Some in glitter.

Tuck needed help to color eggs, but he didn't want it. Which meant that there was bound to be struggles and the parentals also getting covered in an array of colors.

Tuck had decided to paint his mommy in purple and yellow.

"Mommy pretty." Tuck complimented with a giggled.

"Mommy sure is beautiful." Ben agreed softly. A look of fondness in his eyes as he gazed at his beloved wife.

"Mommy looks a mess." Miranda remarked, trying to rub some of the splatter of paint from her face.

"Never." Ben said, putting his arms around her and pulling her in close.

"You look adorable." He placed a light kiss on her nose and then her lips, two of the few areas not covered in paint.

After they sat out to dry. Miranda started making the sides. She made macaroni, bake beans, corn on the cob. Everyone always raved about her pasta salad and meatballs. Ben seasoned the meats.

After she was finished with the sides, she made different types of alcoholic drinks and regular tea and lemonade.

Moments later, the egg hunt was in full swing, children were all over the yard, looking for the decorated eggs.

"Mommy, look," Tuck said, falling to the ground to look under a bush, "I found one."

Tuck picked up the egg in question, a green one, and placed it in the child's basket hanging on his arm.

Miranda walked around quickly helping him find eggs. She looked at Callie, Meredith and other parents helping their kids.

After the Easter egg hunt everyone ate and sat around talking while the children played.

"Thanks Bailey for this." Meredith chimed.

"Thank my dear husband who put this whole thing together." Miranda replied reaching out to rub his leg and Ben leaned over to kiss her lips.