𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝟓.𝟓 ༯

༣྅ ˖¸𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭¸˖ ྅༣

𖥦 𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𖥦

"hey we need to talk. are you busy?"

the smile on my face fell. i was standing at my table, hands shaking as it tried to twist a bottle of nail polish closed.

i had been in the middle cleaning up after an appointment, my mood fairly happy.

and suddenly i just felt like my whole world was crashing down.

i don't know what i was so scared of but i just didn't like the way that sounded. 'we need to talk'. if i knew he was gonna start the conversation like that then i wouldn't have answered.

"sure." i sat in my chair, nervously turning back and forth.

"i just wanted to clear something up," kyle explained though it didn't seem like he was excited to do so.

"okay." i breathed out.

"you have a boyfriend now?"

i hummed.

"malachi says you've been with him for a while." he was evidently accusing me of cheating on him. "and right after we broke up you let him meet your dad?"

i hummed again. god, why was he bringing this up?

"how long were you seeing him? before i broke up with you?" kyle asked, venom poisoning his words.

i really didn't mean to hurt him. i didn't think he'd ever find out.

"a few weeks maybe?" i chewed the tip of my nail. "i meant to end things with you but i was still in ottawa and-"

"did you even consider how i would feel?"

no. the thought never crossed my mind. i can't say i even cared about him enough to think how my actions would affect him. maybe he was right in saying that i was distant.

"what does he have that i don't?" his voice broke. "half our relationship you ignored me to be with him. what does he have, vivienne?"

"he understands me. i didn't have to hide anything from him, i could be myself."

that must've come out wrong because the next thing i knew, kyle was shouting in my ear.

"so you couldn't do that with me!? you didn't even give me a chance, vivienne! but you opened up to him after a week? i never even met your dad, how is that fair?"

"no! that's not what i meant! i just- we're not compatible to date-" i was desperately trying to explain myself but kyle had a rebuttal for everything.

"how would you even know that?"

"i don't know-"

"you never gave me a chance."

"i know-"

"why!?"

tears were building up in my eyes and i was shaking terribly. everything was starting to close in on me and i couldn't breathe. "i don't know."

"am i not good enough?"

"that's not it-"

"is it because he has more money?"

"no."

"so why do you love him and not me?"

"because-"

"you can't even answer that because you never gave me a chance." he spat. "you just decided that i wasn't worth your time and you moved on. it hurts, vivienne. i can't believe you'd hurt me like this. i can't believe you don't care."

"i'm sorry." i cried.

i guess guilt finally caught up to me. and it felt terrible.

༣྅ ˖¸𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭¸˖ ྅༣

༣྅⊹ ࣪˖¸𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭¸˖ ࣪⁩⊹྅༣ ༯