CHAPTER - 9

We enter the Slytherin common room, all eyes come upon me and I recognise a familiar brown one. "Did you talk it out with Blaise?" I ask, the girl dragging me. "Not exactly, can we please talk about it later? I need to tell you something" she replies. "Okay," I say as we enter her dorm room. A bob cut girl is sitting on one of the beds, she looks at me and then looks at Chloe as she folds her hands together. "What is a mud-blood doing here?" the girl asks. "Shut up and scram before I throw you out of here," Chloe says angrily. She gets up from the bed and walks towards the door. "You're going to get in trouble for this," she says in a sing-song voice as she leaves. Chloe locks the door. 

"What's happening Chloe? What trouble is she talking about?" I ask her. This is worrying me because that's the first time anyone has dared to say this to her. She pulls me onto her bed, she sits across me and takes my hand. " I don't know how to tell you this y/n, I'm really scared," she says. I put my other hand over her's. "You know you can tell me anything right?  I won't judge you for it " I tell her reassuringly. 

I see tears surfacing in her eyes as she takes a deep breath and I stroke my fingers on her hand to give her some comfort. "They say he is coming back, they say he will need my help and I have no other option than to listen to them." she finally looks at me and says" I don't want to do this y/n, I don't hate you just because you are a muggle-born. I don't hate anyone because of it. I can't destroy houses and ruin people's lives like them. I can't become like them, it's my last year at Hogwarts I don't know what will happen to me after this? Will they make me their personal death eater? I can't do that. And the fact that he is responsible for my brother's death and they still support him boils me with anger and they want me to do the same" 

Tears rim my eyes, I can only imagine the pain she is feeling. " Chloe, You are not a bad person, in fact, you are one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Maybe you won't have to do it? We will find a solution. I'm not letting you forcefully become one of them. We still have this year okay? I'm sure we can work it out and get you and Blaise out of that circle, alright? " I speak to her softly and hopefully. She groans and slams her hand on the bed. "You are way too hopeful for this world y/n, and the worst part is, that it's a bit contagious. We will work it out, right?" she asks as she gets up again. I give her a soft smile," Yeah, we will" I reply. She smiles as she gets out of bed. "You stay right here, I'll go talk to Blaise and work things out and then we can hang out together" I nod excitedly. She leaves. 

The bob cut girl enters the room, glares at me as she sits in her bed. "You know the thing that's going to get her in trouble are you, right? " she asks. "What do you mean by that?" I ask her. She scoffs. "We purebloods are not entitled to be friends with the likes of you, and if that news goes to her house, do you know how much she will have to pay for it?" she clicks her tongue as she lays down on her bed as she replies. "might even cause her, her life" " Your lying!" I say to her. "Sure I am" she replies sarcastically. My brain goes numb after the thought that she might lose her life just by being my friend. I can't do that to her. I run out of the room. I crash into Blaise, tears flowing down my eyes as I realise, I'm doing the same to him. " What's wrong? " He asks, putting his hand on my chin. I jerk it off and go out. I could hear him talk to Chloe before I walked out and straight towards my dorms.

I enter my room, shut the door behind me. Luna looks at me worried. " What happened? " She asks. "Nothing really, I just want to be alone for some time," I say to her and give her a smile. "Well, I'm always here if you need someone to talk to," She says and she hugs me. Oh, Luna. I cry silently in her arms as she comforts me.  My brain runs at a high speed, creating millions of scenarios of how I can hurt them. Both Chloe and Blaise. I don't want to hurt them.