[14]

"we should start a fire, it's getting dark soon." on-jo said, approaching the rest.

everyone gathered around the other side of the sign while noises of wood rasping could be heard as on-jo uses a wood to start a fire, "it's setting." she told them, "i think it's working." wu-jin confirmed.

a sigh slipped from on-jo, "i'm done." she gave up, "already?" wu-jin ask, joon-yeong, who stood in between su-hyeok and on-jo, to sigh as well, "next."

"all right. let's do this." joon-yeong stated as he sat on the spot, on-jo was as he began doing the same rasping noises that on-jo did until his wrist cramps before dae-su changed their spot. wu-jin, my brother try the next when smoke appears which quickly su-hyeok lean closer, blowing the smoke.

"yah.." nam-ra whispers trying to earn the others attention, i look at everyone still busy making the fire, "hey guys, nam-ra wants to say something." i spoke up, catching their attention.

"just use this." she pulls out the match from her pocket making everyone stare at her awkwardly, "i smoke sometimes." nam-ra confessed.

"you had this the whole time?" wu-jin asks the class president with a tired look.

nam-ra waited for them to take the match from her hand, "you don't want it?" she asks them which su-hyeok quickly takes the match from her hand and begins lighting the fire up.

nighttime falls as the dark took over, we all sat in silence around the firewood that we lit up, and of course i continued to play my console.

"dae-su yah.." su-hyeok his name since they sat right next to each other, "yeah?" he replied.

"how was your audition?" he asks.

"they say i have to lose weight.." he replied with a scoff, su-hyeok smiled softly at the guy beside him before eyeing the fire in the middle, "well, you're a good singer." he praises him.

"sing for us, i want to hear." he encouraged him.

dae-su faced him with a sigh, "hmmh, forget it. i don't want it." he replied with a sigh escaping from his lips.

"i actually like that song." joon-yeong stated with his eyes still locked on the fire.

dae-su straightened his back after hearing koon-yeong say, "really?" he asks him, meanwhile joon-yeong nods his head, "hmmh" he voices out.

"really?" he asked them again, "it's really nice." su-hyeok added, "you sing well." he encouraged him, giving him confidence as he clears his throat, "it'll cheer us up." wu-jin enlightened him.

~🍙~

after dae-su stops singing, wu-jin adds more firewood. "it was such a nice song." hyo-ryeong state smiling softly, "didn't you say it sucked?" dae-su asks her, earning light chuckles from everyone.

"well, now that i actually listened to it, i think it's kind of nice." she told him.

"you always put up a wall.." on-jo started breaking the silence after dae-su sings, "you'd wear your headphones all day, and you never said anything and we thought maybe it's because you hated us.." she
stated.

everyone waited for nam-ra to talk as the noise from the fire crackling filled the silence in the air, nam-ra turned her head to face on-jo, "i never hated you all." she began, "i just." she paused, "never actually have any friends."

"well." hyo-ryeong's voice earns everyone's attention, "i never really liked you." she says truthfully causing everyone to shut their mouth, hyo-ryeong looks at everyone as she continues, "i thought you didn't talk to us because we were beneath you."

"i kind of hate you.." joon-yeong began, "there were
times that i wished you just disappeared." he stated, guilt in his tone.

ji-min, who sat beside him shifted uncomfortably, "aren't you close? You're the top two students." she asked him, "that's why i hated her, nam-ra, she just never backs down whenever i work hard, i will always be the third." he adds, sighing.

"but now, when i think of it, it's okay." he let out, "i think i was able to come in second" he stated.

"yah," dae-su butt in, "being third is good enough." he told him, which made everyone nod their head, "i can't even be 20th, right?" dae-su asks the two males beside him.

everyone nods their head, "i can't even beat you two. how can i be satisfied with myself." dae-su pouts earning hyo-ryeong attention, "yah, don't compare yourself with them." she scolded him causing him to pout even more.

"why do you always get involved with me?" he pouted, staring at her with his eyes wide, "wait a second, do you like me?" he suddenly asked the girl beside him to widen her eyes, "yah! i don't like you!" she stated, hitting his arms which he let out a hissed of pain.

they both kept bickering, "but i don't like you, i like somebody else.." he stated, everyone looked at him surprised.

"who? do you like someone? who is it?" she asks him shocked as he blushes lightly, "yah, he's crazy!" wu-jin butt in, shaking his head. su-hyeok, who knows who his crush is, points to wu-jin, "his sister." he replied, chuckling.

my brother eyes widened, "jang ha-ri?!" he exclaimed, "woah, you're insane bro." he stated, smiling unbelievable. "this is sure some tea."

wu-jin begins threatening dae-su when he told him to stop liking his sister but dae-su doesn't back down as he pulls him closer, begging him to not tell her sister to shoot him.

the bickering died down, silence filled the air except my console who let out a gaming sound, i didn't notice all eyes looked at me until my brother nudged me from the side.

i look up from my console to everyone, "huh?"

"why do you always play your nintento?" ji-min asked, "it's funny how you managed to keep your nintendo save after all the things we've been through."

"yeah.. min-jae ah, also did the teachers allowed you?" dae-su butted in. wondering all how did i managed to keep my nintendo not my phone.

"addiction is hard you know.." i answer, "and i managed to sneak in mine." i said proudly.

"you could have kept your phone." hyo-reyong said with an annoying tone, "maybe if you kept your phone, we could escape from here faster."

"as long as i have my nintendo, i don't need my phone." i scoff, "and i didn't know we would have a zombie apocalypse too!"

note: i'm back guys eheh, i'm thinking the ending, i think i wanna write two different endings.
[1126 words]