𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 30|♚

"To the girl who reads by flashlight,
who sees dragons in the clouds,
who feels most alive in worlds that never were,
who knows magic is real,
who dreams,

This is for you."

The Kings eyes burnt with fire as he glared at the 'scrawny' vampire in front of him, his arms wrapped around his mate. Whereas his arms remained folded over his chest, hands squeezing his own biceps.

"I'm glad you're okay, Kyra."

"Th-"

"Yea yeah, she's fine." the King proclaimed, his arms pushing Lucians away from his mate as he took her hands in his.

"Wh-" the little fae squabbled out when her face collided with his chest. "Syfas!" She mumbled incoherently as she pushed her face away from his torso.

"Would you like something to drink, Lucian?"
Kyra sweetly proclaimed, still bound at the hip to her jealous mate. Lucians eyes scanned over their posture, his smile hesitant.

"Maybe next time, Kyra." he spoke and the King wore a smug smile.

"Great! Well, good bye Lucian." He waved him off as the guards showed him the exit.

His shoulders loosened, his arms relaxed at his sides as he took in a deep breath. Finally, he thought.

"Excuse me!" he heard his mate call out in a huff of annoyance, he chuckled nervously, his hands playing with his hair.

"What was that?" she questioned firmly, arms crossed over her stomach, pushing up her breasts.

"What was what?" he replied, in total reverie, his eyes not locked on hers.

"Why did you make him leave, that wasn't nice Syfas." she protested, her arms stiffed at her sides.

"I didn't make him, he left himself." he smiled, that one dimpled smile which almost made her forget about the whole thing.

"Only cause you were being rude." she mumbled, softly punching his lower stomach.
He chuckled softly, bending down a little to kiss her forehead.

"Fine, I was a little jealous." he admitted.

She scoffed, "a little?"

"Mhm." he hummed as he began to massage her shoulders, slowly leading her out towards the kitchen.

"Kyra, shouldn't you be resting!" Dominic proclaimed in shock, standing up from his half eaten lunch.

"That's what I've been telling her."

"I'm fine." she sassed, giving her mate a cheeky glare. He returned it with a stare of his own, holding mischief and an evil glint which caused her to sit down.

"So what're we having?" she smiled.

"Kyra wouldn't you prefer it if you had lunch in bed?"

"I'm fine, Mr Dominic."

"The Queen can eat wherever she wants in the castle." Sarah spoke up, smiling and nodded in acknowledgement to Kyra.

"So when's the training starting?" Dominic asked in regards to Kyras new self defence class.

"Whenever she's ready." Syfas spoke over the hob, making lunch for his little rose.

"I'm ready now."

There was a small pause whilst he reached over for a kitchen appliance, his back still towards her. "Whenever I'm ready."

"Ah, and when will that be?" Sarah asked and he shrugged.