15: Sports Festival Begins!

It was two days after the attack.

The day before, classes were canceled for teachers to confront the media, talk with the police, and for students to take a breath after the horrible event that happened.

Izuku opened the door of his homeroom and conversations surrounding the attack flooded his senses.

"Good morning, Deku!" Uraraka waved, "we were just talking about USJ."

"Doesn't seem like there's anything else to talk about," Kaminari said.

"What do you think, Midoriya?" Sero asked, "about all this, I mean?"

"Uh..." Izuku weighed his response carefully, "I'd say it was terrifying, but the pros handled it, right? It seemed like a successful ambush."

"I agree, bro!" Kaminari exclaimed, "and All Might's fight? That was so darn cool, man."

"EVERYBODY TAKE A SEAT--" Iida ordered from the front of the classroom, even though everyone was seated already.

Then the door slid open, revealing Aizawa.

The teacher's gaze met with Izuku's for a moment, but from that simple look, Izuku could feel that so much between them had changed.

•••

Aizawa Shota walked into the classroom and his eyes instantly landed on Midoriya Izuku.

Two days ago, Shota had questioned Midoriya about his knowledge of the USJ attack.

...Time travel. That's what he said.

"A war against villains..." Shota had pondered Midoriya's words, then shifted his glance at All Might, "and you knew about this?"

"It's hard to digest, but I believe in young Midoriya," All Might said with conviction.

Shota looked back at the nervous boy.

"This girl you speak of...Eri...? Where is she now?"

Midoriya looked down, his expression remorseful.

"This bothers me every waking moment since I came back, but... right now, she's trapped. Abused. She's... hurting. But I know it isn't time for me to go save her yet."

The boy's voice trembled, and Shota could feel that he was pouring out feelings trapped deep down inside.

Of course, Shota must admit that he still had his doubts about Midoriya, especially after a villain attack that the boy obviously knew of beforehand.

However...

"If this is true," Shota said, "Stop thinking whatever you're thinking."

"Huh?" Midoriya looked up with confusion.

"To live a regretful life believing you're the only person in the world that can solve everything is not the mindset I teach my students. You chose to come back to UA; you should realize that you have everyone else here to help you now."

Midoriya seemed surprised for a moment, but then nodded, "Thank you, sensei."

And right now, despite the absurdity of the boy's story, Shota started understanding how All Might felt.

This boy might be worth believing.

•••

"WOOO!!" Kirishima cheered, "Sports festival, here we come!!"

"One step closer to being pro!" Kaminari exclaimed.

Izuku shared their excitement. The sports festival was actually something he really looked forward to.