A New Case

Three years later...

Cora and Judy are in the living room playing with each other.
"Can you come here please Cora?" Lorraine asks.
"Coming." Cora says as she goes over to the kitchen.
"We need to talk." Lorraine tells Cora.
"Ok."

"Ed and I are going to a college class to show an exorcism and talk about possession. We wanted to know if you could stay here and watch Judy." Lorraine asks.
"I don't mind staying with Judy, but why can't I go?" Cora asks.
"You've never seen an exorcism. We want to keep it that way for as long as possible."
"Why can't I see one."
"You're young and new at this. It's a very dangerous concept. It's also very eerie." Lorraine says.
"I'm 20 not 11." Cora argues.
"You're not going. I'm not gonna argue." Lorraine says.
"You're not even my mother. Why are you acting like it?" Cora snaps.
"I'm the closest thing you have to a mother. Also, you are not gonna talk to me like that." Lorraine says strictly.

"Hey what's going on down here?" Ed asks.
"Lorraine won't let me go to the college thing because it's too scary." Cora mocks Lorraine.
"We know you're an adult but it doesn't mean you can talk to Lorraine like this." Ed tells Cora.
"I wanna go though." Cora whines.
"Stay with Judy." Ed says.
"Fine." Cora sighs.

Cora goes back over with Judy.

"Why does she never listen to me?" Lorraine asks Ed.
"I don't know." Ed shrugs his shoulders.
"She only will listen to you. I don't know what I'm doing wrong."
"You're doing just fine. You know she has a very abuse mother. She probably has trust issues." Ed says.
"But her dad was a alcoholic that left her. Why doesn't she have trust issues?" Lorraine asks.
"Maybe because it was different with her dad." Ed says.

They leave the conversation there. They get dressed and go to the college.
"Have fun girls." Ed says.
Lorraine kisses Judy's cheek, and she hugs Cora.
"Bye love you both." Lorraine says as they leave.

They go to the college and set up.

"Hello guys. Today we will be showing you all a video of a French man named Maurice Theriault's exorcism." Ed announces.
"Play it Drew." Lorraine says.
Drew plays the video of the exorcism.

After the video, Ed and Lorraine show the 3 stages of possession. Infestation, Oppression, then Possession.
After the lecture, while Ed and Lorraine are getting their car ready, a random woman comes over to them.

"I need your guys help." The woman says urgently.
"I'm sorry but we're taking a break from investigating." Ed says.
"I'm begging you. I have 5 daughters that are scared to death. We need help." The woman still tries to make them come.
"We'll come check it out." Lorraine says.
"Thank you so much." The woman says.

On the Warrens way back home, they were decided if they wanted Cora to help this case.
"I think she could go." Ed says.
"I just don't want her to get hurt. She thinks she's ready to do this but I'm not so sure." Lorraine says.
"Maybe we should let her do just this case and see how it goes." Ed suggests.
"Ok if you say so." Lorraine agrees.

They finally get home from the college.
"Hey Judy, Hey Cora." Ed says.
"Hey Ed."
"Hey dad."
"We need to talk to you Cora." Lorraine says.
"Oh ok." Cora says.

They go to another room together.
"We have a new case and we decided that you are able to go to this one." Lorraine explains to Cora.
"Really? I get to go on a case!" Cora exclaims.
"Yes." Ed shakes his head.
"Thank you so much!" Cora hugs Ed and Lorraine.