Chapter 27

I still have an hour to go before I reach St. Louis. I had small stops in between for bathroom breaks, gas and a snack or two.

I feel nervous, sino ba naman ang hindi. After five years, this will be a big move for me. My dad will retire soon and I will completely manage his company. Sana lang magawa ko ang mga nagawa na nya at higit pa.

I smiled at my reflection.

"Yeah,boy! You're getting there...." I said to myself.

Now if only....

Suddenly for some reason, pumasok sa isip ko si Sarah. Five long years. Kumusta na kaya sya. He tried hard to forget about her, he had several girlfriends one after another hoping that somehow being with another will help him forget her.

Pero mahirap palang kalimutan ang isang Sarah Geronimo.

Kaya tumigil sya. Tumigil sya na pagbawalan ang puso't isipan na tumibok at isipin ang dalaga.

He let himself go. Let himself feel it maybe by then he will get tired of thinking about her, loving her.

But it seems like his heart won't stop. It won't stop beating for the woman who hurt him so deeply.

So, now he also stopped dating. Only focusing on the business and his family.

Ikay and Janus adjusted well in school here. They are naturally smart. Si Nanay naman has a certain glow, maybe because she is now with his dad, her one true love she said.

Life is good. But I hope for it to be better....for me.

I WANT TO FIND SARAH.

I want to see her.

For my own peace of mind.

Welcome to St. Louis, the sign says.

Finally he is here.

His hotel is supposed to be near according to his GPS.

He was right, after two traffic lights, he just made a right turn and parked his car on the hotel's side parking.

I took my bag where my laptop is and went inside the hotel.

I approached the front desk and checked in.

The American woman greeted me and after she checked my reservation, gave the key to my room.

It was almost two in the afternoon.

My room is on the twelfth floor.

It has a one queen size bed, a fridge, microwave, nice toilet and bath, modern interiors, and I have a good view of the neighborhood.

The hotel has its own pool which I plan to use. Especially the jacuzzi.

I stretched and settled on my bed.

Turned the tv on and flattened my back on the bed, searching for something to watch on tv.

I settled for a movie entitled "To Kill A Mockingbird" a classic movie starring Gregory Peck. It was almost over.

My meeting will be tomorrow morning. I have time to get ready. Tonight I will just take it easy, maybe check out the city and have dinner then have a late swim at the pool.

I am tired. I wanted to finish the movie but my eyes are almost closing.

I turned the tv off , took off my shoes and closed my eyes.

Just a short nap will do, I told myself.

AT THE HOSPITAL

Sarah is sleeping when Therese came. Gerry and their father, Don Delfin stayed at the hotel.

They don't live here in Missouri. They only came here for Sarah, the hospital specializes in cystic fibrosis cases. Therese herself went here,too.

They have a house in California. In Redondo Beach. That's where Sarah gave birth to Gerry.

Therese felt bad for her twin. She knows how she is suffering. She feels the disease also. The lung transplant helped her, but she knows it is just a matter of time she will feel the same way as Sarah.

All her life she felt it, it's just now that Sarah is going through it all - top it with her pain of waiting for this man- Gerry's dad.

Gerald.

If only she can do something to find that man she will.

Right now she will do anything for Sarah. She can bear the pain but Sarah? Although she is putting up a brave facade - she knows she is hurting, both emotionally and physically.

Therese held Sarah's hand. She made a mental note and promised Sarah she will find Gerald.

Sarah's face looks pale, she recently lost weight again.

She stood up and head over to the hospital's chapel.

All those times she was suffering, prayers were her refuge, her strength to live. Maybe now, prayers will make miracles happen, maybe it will bring Sarah's happiness back...her one true love.

She prays hard, she prays hard for her sister Sarah.

Tears continue to flow on Therese's cheeks.