Chapter 49 "Finale"

Therese, their dad and Gerry came a day after Sarah was brought to the hospital. Worried yet relieved that it wasn't too serious- her fainting wasn't because of her illness.

It was more because of a great surprise but at the same time, a cause for worry,too. She's pregnant.

Gerald was happy to hear it from the doctor, that her illness wasn't the cause why she fainted. It was because she is pregnant. He was happy but at the same time, concerned. Her having Gerry was already a miracle- but another one. Sarah was so happy to hear it- and she won't hear any of Gerald's concern of her. She wants the baby no matter what. She seem to get energized and felt better by the news.It was a gift she said. She understood the risks attached with having another pregnancy. Her father and Therese were worried,too yet were happy about the news. Who wouldn't be happy when you hear someone is having a child? Gerry was ecstatic to learn about the fact that she will soon be a big sister and get a chance to be called 'Ate."

Sarah recovered after a few days but Gerald maintained they stay in France for now which she agreed. They were able to find an apartment close to the hospital where Sarah will go for her regular check up. Coincidentally, her doctor in the States knew a specialist who works in Paris and agreed to take her case.

They moved to the apartment - a three bedroom with balcony apartment.

"This is a nice apartment, I love it..." Sarah said to Gerald.

"I'm glad you like it..." Gerald said.

"Oo naman, alam mo bang it was always been a dream of mine to get a chance to live in Paris? And with our family pa? I am so happy....especially now.." Sarah said, a bit teary eyed as she caresses her stomach.

"I know but love, alam mo namang mahal na mahal kita di ba? I won't forgive myself again if something bad happens to you....and it's not that I don't want another child...but..." Gerald said, but Sarah covered his mouth with his two fingers stopping him from saying anything more.

"Stop...Ge...love, I know, natatakot ka lang...alam ko naman yan. I am afraid,too. But do you know what makes me want to live? To live longer...it's because of you and our family and now, this. I want to keep on living because I still want to see you happy. Gerry and our new baby. I want to see you happy as you hold her or him. I wouldn't miss it for the world, love. Alam kong it is risking my life- but that's what mothers do di ba? I wanted it from the very start more than anything. And if I can be a mother twice, then I am more than happy. I am happier and it is all worth it. I know you want us to have this baby Ge...I know that. But don't be afraid. I will never go...and if I ever did, please...please know that this is a choice I wanted to make. This is a choice I will always make no matter what."

Gerald was just holding out his tears and he just wrapped his arms around Sarah- he respects Sarah's feelings and he knew she would say this. He was just afraid for her and she was right, at the same time he wanted this child. Their child, Gerry's sibling. Wasn't it the very reason Gerry was here- because all along it was what Sarah wanted, that's why she never told him she was pregnant then, she initially only wanted a child. To feel how it is to be a mother. She sacrificed her love for him then, to fulfill her wish, to be a Mother. She thought she would die soon, and only wanted to fulfill her wish, not to give any burden to him.

"I love you, Sarah...you are a wonderful woman..." Gerald said as he held her with his arms.

"I know, alam ko naman yan. Na-love at first sight ka sa akin di ba? Salamat sa putik di ba? If not for that, we would never have met at all..." Sarah said chuckling, as she pulls aways and wiped the tears off her cheek as she remembers the very first time they met.

Gerald's cheeks turn red. How can he forget.

He was flustered alright, but he was embarrassed and yes- maybe he fell in love right there and then for her. How can he not?

"Ikaw talaga, huwag mo na akong binibisto love...but yes, I thank God for that day. Hindi ko na kayang tingnan ang putik nang normal- it will always have that symbolism for me...the day I met the love of my life , the mother of my children," he said emotionally.

They shared a kiss and hugged each other and weren't about to pull away from each other when they heard small footsteps.

"Oyyy how sweet....I love it...." Gerry said giggling.

Sarah and Gerald pulled away from each other, looked at Gerry and started laughing. Gerald picked her up as he puts his one arm on Sarah's shoulder, as they stood out at the balcony, where they have a nice view of the Eiffel Tower.

A new life is a new blessing. Tomorrow is a new day, a new promise. When love is pure, when love is true, even fear wavers.

- THE END-

******************************************

Author's Note:

I decided to end the story like this, but I will have a Part 2 for this story.

I hope you liked the story and I hope you will wait as I put together the Part 2 of Heaven By Your Side.

What do you think will the new baby be? A boy or a girl? Any suggestions for names?

Please don't forget to vote/comment- I appreciate it.

AshRald is still Love. But even if they walk different paths- love different people, for once, what they have was strong, pure and true.. but not every LOVESTORY succeeds or have a happy ending, sometimes it is just how fate or destiny works. Thus, thanks to Wattpad- so we have an outlet to make things happen when the real life doesn't cooperate as much. LOL :-)

Love you guys!

***creativehands4u/arkidee