11: Stupid, Stupid People

CW: Semi-smut? Mostly just making out lol 

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nova looked behind Hitch as she made her way back to the dining table. Hitch hadn't taken much time in the bathroom with you, but she needed some time to calm herself down from what just happened.

"Alex?" Nova asked Hitch.

Hitch scratched the back of her neck. "Ah, she said she'd be back in a moment."

Jenna returned with her pie. "Is she in the bathroom?" Hitch nodded. "Which one?" Jenna took off her oven mitts and tilted her head.

Hitch needed to be careful. Did Jenna know where Levi was? "The, um, big one."

Wes blinked at her. "Well, that narrows it down to pretty much every bathroom in the house."

Jenna let out a chuckle. "Just asking because I wouldn't want her to walk in on Levi."

Harold's knife paused on his plate. "Levi's here?"

Nova nodded. "Yeah. Any problem with that?" She asked with her eyes on the lasagna she was slicing.

Harold gave a bitter smile as he said, "No, not really. Except he's an asshole that has no respect for your husband."

Nova's eyes shot up to her husband. Hitch and Jenna shuddered in place. Neither of them were familiar with the family drama.

Wes' eyes flicked from one person to another, taking in all of the facial expressions as he munched on his food.

"He came here to talk to someone who actually has a little empathy, so yeah, curse him for that."

Harold snorted. "If he really wants someone to talk to, maybe he should be less of a jerk."

Nova's spatula hit the plate when she put it down. Hitch found it attractive. "I understand your reason for hating him but I won't tolerate it if you badmouth him like that. You and I both know how much he has been through. The least you could do is not insult my bestfriend's son."

Jenna sat frozen in place, looking down at her feet. Wes was trying not to make slurping sounds as he drank his water.

Harold's knife and fork thrashed against the glass of his plate. "Do you even give a damn that your 'best friend's son' insults your own husband? That he criticises me like I'm a piece of shit?"

"I'm not interested in your personal feud, Harold. He's dear to me and I'd appreciate it if you accept that." Nova was worked up enough already because of how much hate Levi got from her own family, which was why she never brought him up as much in domestic conversations.

She loved Levi. She loved Harold. She loved you. And every day she wished things could've turned out differently. Even if Levi was tied to the man that betrayed your father, he was also tied to the woman she still missed to death.

"Dear to you? God, if only you had a little of that esteem for your spouse."

Nova's hand slammed against the table. "You have no right to conclude how much esteem I have for you."

Oh shit.

—--------------------------------

No space.

There was no space between your bodies until Levi grabbed your ass and hoisted you up to make you sit on the counter.

You still moved your hips forward, though. You needed to feel him entirely as much as you could. You needed the friction, the heat, the relief.