The Loss - Part 3

The Loss

"Kya Bade Papa itne naaraz hai humse?" Akshara whispered in a sob, "Pyar karne ki itni bada saza milti hai kya?" She asked him in despair, "Bade Papa ne dil se humare pyaar ko baddua di thi, shayad isi liye kismat ne humein kahin ka nahi chhoda."

"Aisa kuch nahi hai Akshu." Kairav wiped her tears and mumbled to himself, "Nafrat mein aa kar bade log bhi kabhi-kabhi sahi kaam ke liye galat rasta chun lete hain."

Akshara furrowed her brows at him. Kairav pried his eyes away.

"Bhaiya," Akshara clasped his palm, "kuch hai kya jo main nahi jaanti?"

"Akshu," Kairav caressed her hair, "rehne de na, Abhimanyu ne kaha na stress bilkul nahi lena hai tujhe?"

"Bhaiya aap bata rahe ho, ya main khud jaa ke Bade Papa se baat karun?"

Kairav held his head.

"Kya Bade Papa... ne... Media ko..." Akshu dreaded to speak the words. Kairav shook his head much to her relief.

"Media ko Bade Papa ne nahin, Arohi ne bheja tha." He spoke, snatching the earth beneath her feet.

"Bade Papa ne Abhimanyu ko isliye arrest karwaya tha, kyunki Harshvardhan Birla ki wajah se humari company ko 350 crore ka nuksaan hone wala tha."

Akshara stared at Kairav agape.

Kairav removed his glasses and wiped his tears. "Bade Papa ne Harsh Birla ki sabse kamzor kadi ko pakda, usey Birlas ke against use kiya aur apni deal bacha li. Jaanta hoon galat hum nahi Birlas the, lekin dukh iss baat ka hai Akshu," his voice cracked, "kk..ki ek second ke liye bhi... Bade Papa ne yeh nahi socha ki humare pyaar ka kya hoga... humpar kya beetegi. Nahi socha." He buried his face in his palms and muffled his sob.

Akshara stood near the railing with fire in her eyes. There were no more tears left, for all she saw was red. Akshara hardly knew the mother that gave her birth, but if all the stories of her valour and courage were true, the only thing she wanted from Naira was the strength to fight against those she loved the most. 

Akshara had promised Abhimanyu that they'd win everybody's heart if they are together, but this was now a battle she needed to fight alone. They had tried to inflict a wound on her love today, and this wounded tigress now wanted answers.

Kairav followed her and stopped a few steps back.

"Akshu?" Abhi dashed up to the steps the moment he saw Akshara standing atop, "Bahar kyun aayi tum? Rest karna chahiye tha na?" His hands clasped her wrist in the blink of an eye fearing her history of falls as he cupped her cheek from the other hand. "Kya karti ho yaar tum? Glucose abhi khatam nahi hua hai, chalo andar."

The entire family watched as Abhi stepped up to cover her petite frame in his arms and take her back to the room, but she pulled herself out of his embrace.

"Nahi Abhi," Akshara had eyes only at the concerned face of her Bade Papa staring right back at her. "Mere paas aaj bahot saare sawal hain. Aur mujhe sabka jawab chahiye."

Abhi's blood ran cold seeing the look of fury in her eyes. Akshara walked down the steps with one hand still stuck in Abhimanyu's strong hold, and stood right in front of Bade Papa.

"Lo aa gayi phir se drama karne!" Arohi shook her head and walked up to Akshara and Abhimanyu, "Tera live telecast abhi tak khatam nahi hua ky-"

Akshara turned and imprinted a thunderous slap on Arohi's cheek. 

"DON'T." Akshara shook her head carefully. "NOT. TODAY."

Kairav ran and stood between them before Arohi pounced on the wounded tigress.