The Fate's Lesson - Part 9

A/N - Sorry for being super late. 

Recap: Akshara and Neil are lost in the riots. Abhimanyu, Kairav, Parth and Vansh along with Jiya and the police force are connecting heaven and earth to find them. Akshara got molested by one of Ruby's goons while Ruby, after saving herself from a chance encounter with Abhimanyu orders her men to finish the game.

------------------------------------

"Uda do."

Ruby's cold order to her men froze him over the call.

"Khatam kardo Akshara Goenka ki kahani. Once, and for all."

"No no no Ruby!!" Her father shouted over the phone, the call that Ruby didn't know she hadn't yet cut. "This cannot happe-"

"Just finish the game."

Ruby heaved a final sigh as the men opened the sack of grenade bombs. The endgame was here.

"I'm on it I'm on it," Jiya shouted over her handheld transceiver, running towards the Goenka and Birla siblings standing still at the same place she had left them, "I'm with them, yes." She found the eyes of all the four staring at her in anticipation, "Quick, I want the tip from every exit route. Neil Birla and Akshara Goenka. I repeat, a tip from every single exit route."

Abhimanyu tripped on his feet before landing in front of Jiya with folded palms.

"Meri Akshu... Neil... Mera bhai..." The flood of tears refused to stop rolling down his eyes, "Akshu waise bhi girti-padti rehti hai, Ruby bhi... khatra banke... ghoom rahi hai," his heart thumped louder, "ag-agar... kk-kuch... kuch kar diya Ruby ne meri Akshu ke saath toh?"

Kairav clutched his heart.

"Aur mera... mera bhai..." Abhi wiped his tears, "bahot brave bana ghoomta hai, lekin mera chhota sa... bahot, bahot dara hua hai woh, I know. Chala gaya Akshu ke peeche..." He clutched his heart and breathed harder, "aa gaye dono yahan meri... meri jaan atka kar. Mm-main maa se kya kahunga?" He glanced at the other three in horror and shook Jiya's shoulders, "AAPKI POLICE FORCE KAR KYA RAHI HAI MRS. SINGH?" He screamed, "PLEASE! FIND THEM! I will die Jiya, I WILL DIE!"

Jiya held his shoulders tight and pulled him to face her.

"Dr. Abhimanyu, you have to control your emotions," Jiya ordered him, "I'm trying, kuch nahi hoga unhe."

"Aur agar humse pehle uss Ruby ne kuch kar diya toh?" Vansh spoke up in dread, having Abhimanyu turn his head around in horror.

Jiya's handheld receiver rang in alarm. Jiya had finally received a tip of Neil's location from her wireless. A police constable had a hit and miss with a frantic Neil running towards exit no. 16.

"Quick! Send four men behind Neil, immediately inform me as you find him. We're coming." Jiya shouted on the receiver catching the attention of the Goenka and Birla siblings, "And Akshara? What about her?"

No response.

Abhimanyu had his heart in his mouth. Kairav had clutched his heart tight. Parth, Vansh and Jiya stood with bated breaths. Jiya kept the receiver on the speaker.

"Madam, Akshara Goenka bhi exit no. 16 ke paas dikhi gayi hai." The voice from the receiver sent a surge of relief, only to have the earth slipped beneath their feet the next moment.

"Aur Ruby ko bhi last wahin dekha gaya hai."

Abhimanyu and Kairav glanced at each other before running in the direction where their worlds were to collide.