The Fate's Lesson - Part 11

Recap - Abhimanyu found Akshara buried below a debris. Akshara, reeling from the trauma of the physical abuse she went through before the blast, pushed Abhimanyu and Kairav away. Her panic attack had resurfaced, and Abhimanyu found the only way to calm her down was pull her into his chest and hum for her. The drugs still had their effect on Akshara, though she had calmed down, and in the time as such when her mind did not support her senses, Akshara started to speak all that was filled in her heart.

------------------

"Kabhi kabhi sochti hoon toh lagta hai... Arohi aur tum, made for each other." She spoke in a trance, "Par kareeb se dekhti hoon toh lagta hai..."

Abhi glanced down at her, "Kya lagta hai?"

"Lagta hai ki kash... kash uss din humara tilak hota."

Abhimanyu stopped in his tracks.

"Jab.. jab tumne," Akshara gulped a lump, "mujhe apni Ma ka kangan pehnaya tha, ek pal ke liye laga... laga jaise bin maange kisi ne zindagi ki saari daulat... meri jholi mein daal di ho." She smiled a sad smile, "Lekin uspe toh kisi aur ka haq tha."

Kairav felt his whole world turning upside down with one statement that Akshara mindlessly uttered. He had indeed failed, for when his little sister's love had come knocking on their doors, Kairav himself was the first person to block their way, to unknowingly remind Akshara that she cannot choose anyone else over her family. All Akshara ever needed was someone to understand the words she never spoke. And she had found for herself, the man she never felt she deserved.

Akshara had given up on Abhimanyu for Arohi.

"Akshu enough!" Abhi scolded, "Yeh koi jagah hai yeh sab baatein karne ki? Uss kangan pe... mujhpe... sirf tumhara haq hai. Kisi aur ka ho bhi nahi sakta." He strode faster ahead as the police helped clear his way for them to reach the vehicle, "Bas thodi aur sabr kar lo please, yeh khoon..." he glanced at her forehead, "and I know tumhare pair mein bhi-"

"Shhh!" Akshara cut him off, "Dil ke doctor ho na, mere dil ki baat karo Abhi." She meeked, "Bahot, bahot dard hota hai... yahan." she pointed to her heart, "Yahan jo dard haina, kam hi nahi hota. Saare gharelu nuskhe try kar liye, tumhare paas koi dawa hai?" She gripped his shirt, "Itne bade surgeon ho, ek prescription hi dedo, kuch bhi karo... kyunki bardasht nahi ho raha ab."

If one could hear the sound of a heart breaking, the way Abhimanyu's heart crushed into pieces would have overpowered the cries of devastation that resonated the place. Abhi looked down into her desperate eyes. He recognised that look just too well, the one that every ailing patient gives to the doctor who can save them from the misery of their sufferings.

Akshara groaned in pain and curled up closer into his chest while Abhimanyu let out a helpless sob. Only he knew how he controlled himself from screaming at every obstacle that came their way only so his Akshu doesn't get another panic attack. Abhimanyu's left arm let out another creak and his left leg begged to stop the torture, but all Abhimanyu heard and felt were Akshara's muffled cries and the tight grip on his shirt.

Abhimanyu reached the ambulance spot to find each of them occupied and ready to go. He frantically shouted for first aid before moving past the ambulance towards the entry gate where Kairav's car was parked. Abhimanyu refused to let go of Akshara despite his broken arm, but when his charred foot stumbled upon a burnt log and he screamed in pain, Kairav demanded him to put Akshara down.

Abhi carefully put her on a bench and sat next to her, resting her head on his chest before she hit her head on the wood.