The Fate's Lesson - Part 13

Firstly, apologies for updating super late!

Recap - Akshara spoke her heart out to Abhimanyu while he treated her wounds and removed the bullet. The Goenkas were hit with the realization of a truth that they had always chosen to somehow turn a blind eye to. While Abhi treated upon her with all his might and courage, Akshara went on to confess how she regretted never telling him before how much he means to her, what she holds for him in her heart and the fact that she wished she was in Arohi's place when he had come for the tilak ceremony. She was about to say the three words Abhimanyu always waited for her to utter.

--------------------------

"Abhi, I... L-Love..."

The silence that swallowed Akshara's unspoken last word was followed by a long beep and flat line on the ECG.

Abhimanyu stared with wide eyes, the sombre sight of the love of his life resting, as if the weight of the whole world was suddenly lifted off her tiny shoulders. Abhimanyu's ear-splitting scream reverberated in the entire Birla Hospital.

"AKSHARAAA!"

Abhi's scream pierced through the corridor, giving the families a chill down their spine. Dr. Anand ran inside the OT to find Dr. Mahima and the other doctors standing frozen at the sight, while Dr. Abhimanyu had lost his composure. Mahima tried to hold him back, but Abhimanyu was just not in his right mind.this is

Manish had fallen to his knees. Kairav could only stare at the sight, staggering his way to the glass window as he caressed the tiny figure of his little sister lying between humongous machines, being held by Abhimanyu.

"Abhimanyu... Dr. Abhimanyu!" Anand held his shoulders and tried to pull him back from Akshara, "Sambhalo khud ko."

"No," Abhimanyu turned to face Anand, "it's... it's not true. I have seen... cases... revive... this is case of em..emergency thoracotomy," he turned back to the Akshara, "we have to-"

"ABHIMANYU!" Anand held his shoulders and shouted at him, "Revive hona hota... toh ho gaya hota." He caressed Abhimanyu's cheek and stared into his devastated eyes, "Akshara ja chuki ha-"

"ENOUGH." Abhimanyu glared at Anand, "Kahin nahi gayi hai meri Akshu. She. Is. Here."

He turned back to Akshara, interlocked his fingers and kept on pressing the heel of his palms on her chest to help her revive, but to no avail. That is when Abhimanyu finally screamed for the external defibrillator.

"Abhimanyu," Mahima held his hand, "please, sambhalo khud ko. Akshara nahi rahi bet-"

"AKSHARA HAI." Abhimanyu cut her off loud and clear, "YAHIN HAI. JAANTA HOON PEHCHANTA HOON MEHSOOS KAR SAKTA HOON." He grabbed her palm, placed his finger on her pulse and closed his eyes. "Meri Akshu yahin hai, mere paas. Kk-kuch nahi hoga usey... kuch nahi hone doonga."

A ward boy ran inside the OT with the machine and the assistant doctor attached all the wires. Abhimanyu picked up the pads in both hands and heaved a loud sigh. Glancing up at the ceiling he realized, that this was Abhimanyu's last chance at saving his life, but more than that, it was his Mahadev's test.

"Charge to 150."

Mahima stared at Abhimanyu with wide eyes. The same man who was unable to clean a wound a while back without having his fingers tremble at the slightest of Akshara's wounds now had his hands in firm grip of the shock pads, and his laser focus at the target. Abhimanyu rubbed the electric pads softly against each other and pressed them at a point on Akshara's chest.