Chapter two: The group project

You: "I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean to be rude."

Jungkook: "Don't be sorry please... Can I help you with something?"

You: "Thank you for asking but I think I can manage."

Jungkook: "Alright but if something's wrong don't be afraid to ask me."

You: "I'll do that."

My hand searched for my phone on my desk. When I found it, I opened it with the fingerprint of my thumb. I know the recording app is at the top right. I opened the app and pressed on the record button. At least that's what I think I'm doing... Normally I would ask Siri to open the app, but I'm a bit shy to ask her. 

You: "My phone is recording right?"

I asked Jungkook. I felt him leaning in towards me. I could almost feel his movement because of the air that brushed against my face. I don't know if he's that close to me, but I decided not to move an inch. 

Jungkook: "It's recording."

You: "Thank you for taking a look."

The lesson started shortly afterwards. The teacher explained us every topic we would discuss this year. We're also going on a trip this year for this class as well. The time flew by really fast and before I knew it the first class of the year was over. 

E:U: "And Y/N? How was your first class?"

I was making my bag when I heard E:U's voice. She was standing right in front of my desk. 

You: "Really good! The time flew by."

E:U: "What class do you have now?"

You: "I have biology. And you?"

E:U: "My next class is geography. Your class is the opposite way of mine. We should hurry a bit or I'll be late."

Jungkook: "I can bring Y/N to her class. I have math now. Those two classrooms are right next to each other."

E:U: "That works for me. Only if that alright with you Y/N?"

You: "Sure, don't be late for your class because of me."

E:U: "Then I'll see you at lunch."

E:U left us alone again. When I had packed my backpack, I placed my cane on my desk along with my backpack. I stood up, I was about to take the strap of my backpack, so I could carry it.

Jungkook: "Are you ready to go?"

You: "I'm ready..."

Jungkook came to me and placed my left hand on his arm. This is the first time an unfamiliar person is guiding me. My hand grabbed his sleeve softly. I didn't want to invade his personal space by grabbing his arm too tight. 

Jungkook: "It's alright, you can hold my arm. It's no problem."

Jungkook took my hand again, wrapping his hand around mine. He placed my hand on his upper arm for a better grip. I thanked him for his kindness. My free hand reached out for my backpack that I had placed on my desk earlier. 

Jungkook: "Here is your cane. I will take your backpack for you."

You: "Thank you, that's friendly of you."

+

Jungkook: "Can I ask why you're wearing sunglasses inside?"

You: "I actually only wear them outside because the light is much brighter there. But to be honest, I feel more confident with them anyway. I only take them off at home. Some people find it strange to look into the eyes of a blind person. We can't really make eye contact, we're staring at nothing."