Chapter three: A new friend

I haven't drawn a lot since I became blind. It takes a lot of effort to be concentrated enough for it. The sun was shining on me and a smile crept onto my face. Suddenly I heard some noise from behind me, as if a branch broke. 

You: "W-Who is there?"

Taehyung: "I'm Taehyung. I'm sorry to disturb you. I was just curious to see what you were drawing. Who are you? I saw you walking here with Sihyeon earlier..."

You: "I'm Y/N... Sihyeon is one of my best friends. Do you know her?"

Taehyung stood in front of me now. During the conversation he switched his position, I could tell when he was talking. The direction in which his voice came changed.

Taehyung: "I just know her name... We both share the same class for math. Can I take a seat next to you?"

You: "Sure..."

Taehyung: "I like the way you draw. The threes look really beautiful."

You: "Thank you. Do you like to draw as well? Or do you only appreciate art itself?"

Taehyung: "I'm really bad at drawing but I love to watch it though. You're really good at it. Did you take classes?"

You: "No I didn't... I just like to draw in my free time. Is the courtyard still the same? I tried to draw how I remembered the place to be."

I handed him over my sketchbook. I guess he stared at it for a while because he didn't reply fast this time.

Taehyung: "It's almost the same. There are a few new benches, and some trees are gone and replaced with others."

You: "It's good to hear that this place hasn't changed in three years."

Taehyung: "Why did you leave the school?"

You: "I went to another school. I had an accident three years ago... Since then, I'm blind but I bet you already noticed that."

Taehyung: "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked."

You: "Don't be sorry, it's a normal question to ask."

Taehyung: "I heard about you this morning. A lot of people were talking about you in the hallway."

You: "Don't tell me what they said, feeling their stares is hard enough as it is."

Taehyung's pov

I had two free hours because the teacher was absent today. I decided to go outside, to the courtyard. The weather was good today so why not enjoy it in my free period? I lied down on one of the benches, trying to stay out of sight. I don't want anyone to notice me. I'm not a really social person. Ever since we came to this school a lot of girls took their interest in me. Not only me though, also my friends get a good amount of attention of the female students here. Those girls really changed me... I didn't want to be popular at all. Some of my friends became more social because of it, my reaction was the opposite. I tried to hide myself from everyone except my friends. I couldn't handle the pressure that comes with popularity. That's why I changed myself. I started to wear hoodies all the time. I tried to avoid as much as people as I could. And this only because people thought I looked handsome... Some boys tried to befriend me, just to gain the popularity as well. A lot of girls tried to ask me out, but I rejected them all. They don't want to know the real me. They only see the outside, not the inside. My eyes were wide open, staring at the clear blue sky. No cloud to detect, making my mood only better. Suddenly I hear two girls talking. I got up and looked over to where the voices came from. I recognized Sihyeon from math. She was guiding a girl to a bench. I don't know her name, but I saw her this morning. She was walking with E:U to class. She's blind, the girl. Everyone talked about her when she passed by in the hallway. Sihyeon left her alone, after the unknown girl sat down on the bench. She had her sunglasses on, she also wore them earlier inside. The girl took something out of her backpack. I think it's a sketchbook. I don't know how long I was staring at her. She was smiling while she was drawing something. It gave me a smile as well. Before I knew it my feet had dragged me closer to her, curious to see what she was drawing. I was too busy looking at her that I didn't saw the branch in front of me. I stepped on it, causing it to snap. It made so much noise, gaining the girl's attention immediately. She seemed anxious for a moment.